[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

Re: [PATCH] Fix filename encoding error in svn_io_open_unique_file3()

From: Julian Foad <julian.foad_at_wandisco.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2010 17:29:35 +0100

On Thu, 2010-06-17 at 18:09 +0100, Philip Martin wrote:
> Julian Foad <julian.foad_at_wandisco.com> writes:
>
> > How can I easily test this in my Ubuntu UTF-8 environment?
>
> I think you can do it in an 8-bit non-utf8 locale:
>
> $ sudo dpkg-reconfigure locales # select en_GB.8859-15
> $ LANG=en_GB.8859-15 ./executable

Thanks. I got it to work by using "sudo locale-gen en_GB.ISO-8859-15".
(The "dpkg-reconfigure locales" command just re-generated a set of UTF-8
locales and didn't offer me any options.)

I then tested with a debugging printf in the delete-on-pool-cleanup
function:

[[[
$ LC_ALL=en_GB.ISO-8859-15 TMP=/tmp/svn-tëst svn up -r1
At revision 1.
## removing '/tmp/svn-tëst/svn-tempfile.tmp'
## removing '/tmp/svn-tëst/svn-5EX6hs'
$ ls /tmp/svn-tëst/
-rw-r--r-- 1 julianfoad 11 2010-06-22 17:07 svn-5EX6hs
]]]

The first debug line shows it removing a temp file created from some
other (correct) code path, and the second line shows it silently failing
to remove a temp file created in the broken code path.

I committed the fix in r956940, and some better documentation and naming
in r956941.

- Julian
Received on 2010-06-22 18:30:16 CEST

This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Dev mailing list.