[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

Re: Some failing tests

From: Johan Corveleyn <jcorvel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 15 May 2010 14:55:07 +0200

On Tue, May 4, 2010 at 10:49 PM, Daniel Shahaf <d.s_at_daniel.shahaf.name> wrote:
> Daniel Shahaf wrote on Tue, 4 May 2010 at 23:43 +0300:
>> Johan Corveleyn wrote on Tue, 4 May 2010 at 22:29 +0200:
>> > > The failing tests are:
>> > > FAIL: dirent_uri-test.exe 37: test svn_dirent_condense_targets
>> > > FAIL: depth_tests.py 5: update depth-immediates wc gets top file mod only
>> > > FAIL: lock_tests.py 9: verify svn:needs-lock read-only behavior
>> > > FAIL: log_tests.py 5: 'svn log -r COMMITTED' of dynamic/local WC rev
>> > > FAIL: log_tests.py 17: test 'svn log -g' on a branching revision
>> > > FAIL: log_tests.py 18: test 'svn log -g' on a non-branching revision
>> > > FAIL: merge_tests.py 15: merge one file (issue #1150) using the -c option
>> > > FAIL: merge_tests.py 20: merge into missing must not break working copy
>> > > FAIL: merge_tests.py 25: merge prop change into deleted target
>> > > FAIL: merge_tests.py 106: merge two successive edits to the same property
>> > > FAIL: merge_tests.py 123: no self referential filtering on added path
>> > > FAIL: merge_tests.py 140: merge into WC of deleted branch should work
>> > > FAIL: mergeinfo_tests.py 7: test svn mergeinfo -R
>> > > FAIL: update_tests.py 34: update handles obstructing paths scheduled for add
>> > > FAIL: update_tests.py 47: tree conflicts 1.2: tree del, leaf del on update
>> > >
>> > > Some excerpts from tests.log:
>> > > ====
>> > > ..\..\..\subversion\tests\libsvn_subr\dirent_uri-test.c:2420: (apr_err=125001)
>> > > ..\..\..\subversion\libsvn_subr\dirent_uri.c:1980: (apr_err=125001)
>> > > ..\..\..\subversion\libsvn_subr\dirent_uri.c:1651: (apr_err=125001)
>> > > svn_tests: Couldn't determine absolute path of 'D:\dir'
>> > > ..\..\..\subversion\libsvn_subr\dirent_uri.c:1651: (apr_err=20024)
>> > > svn_tests: The given path is misformatted or contained invalid characters
>> > > FAIL: dirent_uri-test.exe 37: test svn_dirent_condense_targets
>> > > ====
>> > >
>> > > ====
>> > > ERROR: load failed; did not see revision 1
>> > > EXCEPTION: SVNRepositoryCopyFailure
>> > > FAIL: depth_tests.py 5: update depth-immediates wc gets top file mod only
>> > > ====
>> > >
>> > > ====
>> > > svn: Can't open file
>> > > 'C:\research\svn\client_build\svn_trunk\Debug\subversion\tests\cmdline\svn-test-work\repositories\log_tests-5\db\transactions\7-7.txn\next-ids':
>> > > The requested operation cannot be performed on a file with a
>> > > user-mapped section open.
>> > > ====
>> > >
>
> All three errors are in the area of files and I/O. Maybe there's
> something odd/unusual in this aspect of your test environment?

I finally found out what was going wrong: it was the @#!%!# antivirus
software (AVG free edition) that was causing most of the test
failures. After switching it off I got the entire test suite running
successfully (that is, after I changed my DVD drive from E: to D: to
make dirent_uri-test 37 pass [1]). Woohoo, finally some progress :-).

Googling around for "The requested operation cannot be performed on a
file with a user-mapped section open." gave me a hint that some other
part of the system must have been interfering and locking files. That
made the AV program the prime suspect ...

Thanks again for your help, Daniel.

Cheers,

-- 
Johan
[1] http://svn.haxx.se/dev/archive-2010-05/0053.shtml
Received on 2010-05-15 14:55:38 CEST

This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Dev mailing list.