[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

svn_client__get_revision_number() returning -1

From: neels <neeels_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 23:06:41 +0200

fyi,

I found that _get_revision_number()'s -1 revision for added nodes
would leak at least into an error message from 'svn log'.

Checking that out I noticed that -1 is the revnum returned for
_revision_unspecified; 'svn log' in that case assumes HEAD. Probably
other callers do the same or similar things, not checking _unspecified
explicitly.

The problem is that an added node returning SVN_INVALID_REVNUM for
_revision_base would look like it was _revision_unspecified. Instead,
svn_client__get_revision_number() asked for an added node's _base
should probably rather throw an error.

~Neels
Received on 2010-04-14 23:07:28 CEST

This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Dev mailing list.