[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

Re: 1.6.10 up for testing/signing

From: Stefan Sperling <stsp_at_elego.de>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2010 15:35:22 +0200

On Tue, Apr 06, 2010 at 08:51:07AM -0400, C. Michael Pilato wrote:
> Stefan Sperling wrote:
> > Should we delay the #3242 fix until 1.6.12 and release 1.6.11 ASAP?
> > That would give us plenty of time to do the #3242 backport properly,
> > and would give users access to the other 1.6.11 backport items.
>
> I was actually thinking the same thing, but if 1.6.12 is going to be another
> several months out, I think our users would stone us to death in the street.

They'd have to track us down first, and we're well distributed across
the globe :)

I don't think we will have to wait for months to release the next
patch release. Assuming Hyrum can handle the load, I don't see a problem
with releasing another patch release 2 weeks later to get the important
fix out. Even if the #3242 fix is the only fix going into a release,
it is well worth it.

I guess if you could estimate how much additional time you will need for
the backport, and provide concrete numbers, we can make a decision based
on that? If you get it backported by the end of the week, we can sign
the release during the apache retreat. I guess that would be fine.

Stefan
Received on 2010-04-06 15:36:04 CEST

This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Dev mailing list.