Magnus Torfason <zulutime.net_at_gmail.com> wrote on 01/11/2010 01:39:18 PM:
> After some further exploration, I have an update on my issue with svn up
> failing on my svn-externals-infested repository. Below, I report an
> alternative workaround, and the output of ps while doing the update.
> On 1/11/2010 11:53 AM, Magnus Torfason wrote:
> > 2: svn update (through TSVN):
> > At the same time, I started having intermittent "connection refused"
> > problems when updating my repository from the same server. This always
> > happened while updating one of the several svn-external directories
> > I have as part of my repository. After the error, I could not ssh into
> > the server either, until after a few minutes. Downgrading to 1.6.1 did
> > not resolve this problem.
> > Resolution: None that is entirely satisfying.
> > Workaround: Choose "Omit externals" when updating.
> Alternative Workaround: If I close pageant, I get prompted on each new
> ssh connection to the server. By entering my password only after a ten
> second delay for each prompt, the process completes successfully.
> Entering the password quickly leads to the same behavior as if pageant
> is running.
You may be running into the problem I saw (and fixed with the hopefully
soon to be released 1.6.8) where each svn:external in an update would
open and not correctly close the network connection until the update
finished. This would cause Windows XP to disallow creation of new
network connections because of the large number of open connections
on the client. We had thousands of externals and when you would try
and do an update you would get weird "can not connect to server" errors.
Received on 2010-01-11 20:57:47 CET