Karl Fogel wrote:
> Blair Zajac <blair_at_orcaware.com> writes:
>> I think that's what Michael did.
> Fascinating. So he did. The history's a bit wonky around the time of
> the switchover. For example, this was r2:
> But http://svn.collab.net/viewvc/svn-complete?view=revision&revision=3656
> is not quite the same as r1. No matter; it's still cool :-).
The CVS repository had some trailing revisions which occurred after the
switchover. Most of them were commits to www/ (which we manually mirrored
based on our subversion commits to trunk/www/). A couple of them were
things like system-wide automated tweaks to www/robots.txt made by CollabNet
folk. Also, we had real tags and branches in our CVS repos that we didn't
bring with us into Subversion. So what I did was this:
1. Converted all the CVS history to Subversion (into repos 'svn-from-cvs')
2. Dumped all the revisions from 'svn-from-cvs' up to the switchover time
(r1:3654) -- *not* the extra/duplicate revs mentioned above -- and loaded
them into a new repos, 'svn-complete'.
3. Committed the deletion of all our tags and branches, leaving the
directories themselves, from 'svn-complete'.
4. Since r1 in the 'svn' repos was a massive import, that would have
clashed mightily being loaded atop already-existing files and directories in
'svn-complete'. So I checked out svn-complete/trunk_at_HEAD, then exported
svn/trunk_at_r1 atop it. The local mods were the small delta between what we
got outta CVS on August 31, 2001, and what we put into Subversion. They
were mostly the result of $Date$ keyword formatting differences. I
committed those local mods, which now brought 'svn-complete' in sync with
'svn_at_r1' *except* that 'svn-complete' still had empty tags and branches
directories (whereas we didn't create those in the 'svn' repository until
later when we needed them).
5. Dumped -r2:531 of 'svn', loading into 'svn-complete'.
6. Made r532 from 'svn' a no-op in 'svn-complete', since that was the
revision in which we created the tags/ directory.
5. Dumped -r533:1236 of 'svn', loading into 'svn-complete'.
7. Made r1237 from 'svn' a no-op in 'svn-complete', since that was the
revision in which we created the branches/ directory.
8. And then dumped the rest of 'svn', loading into 'svn-complete'.
I'm actually pretty happy with the stitchwork.
C. Michael Pilato <cmpilato_at_collab.net>
CollabNet <> www.collab.net <> Distributed Development On Demand
Received on 2009-11-15 04:08:29 CET