[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

Re: Re: Unable to parse reversed revision range

From: Paul Burba <ptburba_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 15:19:17 -0500

On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 11:53 AM, <brieck_at_sandcherry.com> wrote:
> Apologies if anyone is getting this email twice. Please forgive my newbie-ness. I replied last week using the web interface at tigris.org. I accidentally left the email address as the tigris postmaster though. My reply showed up for awhile but now is gone. Likely because of my mistake on the email address.
>
> Anyway,
>
> Here is the output from the parent for the "svn pg svn:mergeinfo --recursive' command:
>
> ***********
> camille\platform\src\java\com\sandcherry\tools\common\database\model\vmc\Group.java -
> camille\platform\src\java\com\sandcherry\tools\common\database\model\vmc\UserInput.java -
> camille\platform\installer\renamed_license.txt -
> camille\platform\src\java\com\sandcherry\tools\common\database\model\vmc\User.hbm.xml -
> camille\platform\src\java\com\sandcherry\tools\common\database\model\vmc\AudioType.java -
> camille\platform\src\java\com\sandcherry\tools\common\database\model\vmc\TextAudio.java -
> camille\platform\src\java\com\sandcherry\tools\common\database\model\vmc\Profiles.hbm.xml -
> camille\platform\src\java\com\sandcherry\tools\common\database\model\vmc\EndState.java -
> camille\platform\tech_pubs\Graphics\Graphics_Multi\VAS_setup_diagram.bmp -
> camille\platform\src\java\com\sandcherry\tools\common\database\model\vmc\QuickNoteUsage.hbm.xml -
> camille\platform\src\java\com\sandcherry\tools\common\database\model\vmc\BatchTransaction.hbm.xml -
> camille\platform\src\java\com\sandcherry\tools\common\database\model\vmc\User.java -
> camille\platform\src\java\com\sandcherry\tools\common\database\model\vmc\UserProperties.hbm.xml -
> camille\platform\src\java\com\sandcherry\tools\common\database\model\vmc\TrainingStatus.java -
> camille\platform\src\java\com\sandcherry\tools\common\database\model\vmc\ProfileTrainings.java -
> camille\platform\src\java\com\sandcherry\tools\common\database\model\vmc\ReportOrigin.java -
> camille\platform\src\java\com\sandcherry\tools\common\database\model\vmc\QuickNote.hbm.xml -
> camille\platform\src\java\com\sandcherry\tools\common\database\model\vmc\AudioType.hbm.xml -
> camille\platform\src\java\com\sandcherry\tools\common\database\model\vmc\AudioTextComment.java -
> camille\platform\src\java\com\sandcherry\tools\common\database\model\vmc\SupportedLanguage.java -
> camille\platform\tech_pubs\Graphics\Graphics_vpad\admin_MapDrive.bmp -
> camille\platform\src\java\com\sandcherry\tools\common\database\model\vmc\EndState.hbm.xml -
> camille\platform\tech_pubs\Graphics\Graphics_vpad\architecture_vpad_server.bmp -
> camille\platform\tech_pubs\Text Insets\TextInsets_Multi\Inset_VAS_Setup.fm -
> camille\platform\tech_pubs\Graphics\Graphics_vpad\admin_RemoteAccess.bmp -
> camille\platform\packaging\distribution\Vivo Applications\vmc\WebContent -
> camille\platform\src\java\com\sandcherry\tools\common\database\model\vmc\Audio.java -
> camille\platform\src\java\com\sandcherry\tools\common\database\model\vmc\CorrectedStatus.hbm.xml -
> camille\platform\src\java\com\sandcherry\tools\common\database\model\vmc\QuickNote.java -
> camille\platform\src\java\com\sandcherry\tools\common\database\model\vmc\TrainingStatus.hbm.xml -
> camille\platform\src\java\com\sandcherry\tools\common\database\model\vmc\ProfileTrainings.hbm.xml -
> camille\platform\src\java\com\sandcherry\tools\common\database\model\vmc\GroupTrainingActivity.java -
> camille\platform\src\java\com\sandcherry\tools\common\database\model\vmc\ReportOrigin.hbm.xml -
> camille\platform\tech_pubs\Graphics\Graphics_vpad\admin_RemoteDesktop.bmp -
> camille\platform\src\java\com\sandcherry\tools\common\database\model\vmc\SupportedLanguage.hbm.xml -
> camille\platform\src\java\com\sandcherry\tools\common\database\model\vmc\AudioTextComment.hbm.xml -
> camille\platform\src\java\com\sandcherry\tools\common\database\model\vmc\CorrectedStatus.java -
> camille\platform\src\java\com\sandcherry\tools\common\database\model\vmc\Group.hbm.xml -
> camille\platform\tech_pubs\Graphics\Graphics_vpad\admin_FilesharePermissions.bmp -
> camille\platform\src\java\com\sandcherry\tools\common\database\model\vmc\UserInput.hbm.xml -
> camille\platform\src\java\com\sandcherry\tools\common\database\model\vmc\Profiles.java -
> camille\platform\src\java\com\sandcherry\tools\common\database\model\vmc\Audio.hbm.xml -
> camille\platform\src\java\com\sandcherry\tools\common\database\model\vmc\QuickNoteUsage.java -
> camille\platform\src\java\com\sandcherry\tools\common\database\model\vmc\BatchTransaction.java -
> camille\platform\src\java\com\sandcherry\tools\common\database\model\vmc\UserTrainingActivity.java -
> camille\platform\src\java\com\sandcherry\tools\common\database\model\vmc\TextAudio.hbm.xml -
> camille\platform\src\java\com\sandcherry\tools\common\database\model\vmc\DictationTxns.java -
> camille\platform\packaging\distribution\Vivo Applications\vmc\deploymentDescriptors -
> camille\platform\src\java\com\sandcherry\tools\common\database\model\vmc\UserProperties.java -
>
> **********
>
> And for the child:
>
> *********
> jeff3\platform\src\java\com\sandcherry\tools\common\database\model\vmc\GroupTrainingActivity.java -
> jeff3\platform\src\java\com\sandcherry\tools\common\database\model\vmc\ReportOrigin.hbm.xml -
> jeff3\platform\src\java\com\sandcherry\tools\common\database\model\vmc\EndState.java -
> jeff3\platform\tech_pubs\Graphics\Graphics_Multi\VAS_setup_diagram.bmp -
> jeff3\platform\tech_pubs\Graphics\Graphics_vpad\admin_RemoteDesktop.bmp -
> jeff3\platform\src\java\com\sandcherry\tools\common\database\model\vmc\AudioTextComment.hbm.xml -
> jeff3\platform\src\java\com\sandcherry\tools\common\database\model\vmc\CorrectedStatus.java -
> jeff3\platform\src\java\com\sandcherry\tools\common\database\model\vmc\User.java -
> jeff3\platform\src\java\com\sandcherry\tools\common\database\model\vmc\TrainingStatus.java -
> jeff3\platform\src\java\com\sandcherry\tools\common\database\model\vmc\ProfileTrainings.java -
> jeff3\platform\src\java\com\sandcherry\tools\common\database\model\vmc\ReportOrigin.java -
> jeff3\platform\src\java\com\sandcherry\tools\common\database\model\vmc\QuickNote.hbm.xml -
> jeff3\platform\src\java\com\sandcherry\tools\common\database\model\vmc\AudioType.hbm.xml -
> jeff3\platform\src\java\com\sandcherry\tools\common\database\model\vmc\AudioTextComment.java -
> jeff3\platform\tech_pubs\Graphics\Graphics_vpad\admin_MapDrive.bmp -
> jeff3\platform\src\java\com\sandcherry\tools\common\database\model\vmc\DictationTxns.java -
> jeff3\platform\packaging\distribution\Vivo Applications\vmc\deploymentDescriptors -
> jeff3\platform\src\java\com\sandcherry\tools\common\database\model\vmc\Group.java -
> jeff3\platform\tech_pubs\Graphics\Graphics_vpad\architecture_vpad_server.bmp -
> jeff3\platform\tech_pubs\Text Insets\TextInsets_Multi\Inset_VAS_Setup.fm -
> jeff3\platform\src\java\com\sandcherry\tools\common\database\model\vmc\UserInput.java -
> jeff3\platform\tech_pubs\Graphics\Graphics_vpad\admin_RemoteAccess.bmp -
> jeff3\platform\packaging\distribution\Vivo Applications\vmc\WebContent -
> jeff3\platform\src\java\com\sandcherry\tools\common\database\model\vmc\User.hbm.xml -
> jeff3\platform\src\java\com\sandcherry\tools\common\database\model\vmc\CorrectedStatus.hbm.xml -
> jeff3\platform\src\java\com\sandcherry\tools\common\database\model\vmc\AudioType.java -
> jeff3\platform\src\java\com\sandcherry\tools\common\database\model\vmc\TextAudio.java -
> jeff3\platform\src\java\com\sandcherry\tools\common\database\model\vmc\Profiles.hbm.xml -
> jeff3\platform\src\java\com\sandcherry\tools\common\database\model\vmc\BatchTransaction.hbm.xml -
> jeff3\platform\src\java\com\sandcherry\tools\common\database\model\vmc\QuickNoteUsage.hbm.xml -
> jeff3\platform\src\java\com\sandcherry\tools\common\database\model\vmc\SupportedLanguage.hbm.xml -
> jeff3\platform\src\java\com\sandcherry\tools\common\database\model\vmc\UserProperties.hbm.xml -
> jeff3\platform\src\java\com\sandcherry\tools\common\database\model\vmc\Group.hbm.xml -
> jeff3\platform\tech_pubs\Graphics\Graphics_vpad\admin_FilesharePermissions.bmp -
> jeff3\platform\src\java\com\sandcherry\tools\common\database\model\vmc\UserInput.hbm.xml -
> jeff3\platform\src\java\com\sandcherry\tools\common\database\model\vmc\Profiles.java -
> jeff3\platform\src\java\com\sandcherry\tools\common\database\model\vmc\Audio.hbm.xml -
> jeff3\platform\src\java\com\sandcherry\tools\common\database\model\vmc\QuickNoteUsage.java -
> jeff3\platform\src\java\com\sandcherry\tools\common\database\model\vmc\BatchTransaction.java -
> jeff3\platform\src\java\com\sandcherry\tools\common\database\model\vmc\UserTrainingActivity.java -
> jeff3\platform\src\java\com\sandcherry\tools\common\database\model\vmc\SupportedLanguage.java -
> jeff3\platform\src\java\com\sandcherry\tools\common\database\model\vmc\TextAudio.hbm.xml -
> jeff3\platform\src\java\com\sandcherry\tools\common\database\model\vmc\EndState.hbm.xml -
> jeff3\platform\src\java\com\sandcherry\tools\common\database\model\vmc\UserProperties.java -
> jeff3\platform\installer\renamed_license.txt -
> jeff3\platform\src\java\com\sandcherry\tools\common\database\model\vmc\Audio.java -
> jeff3\platform\src\java\com\sandcherry\tools\common\database\model\vmc\QuickNote.java -
> jeff3\platform\src\java\com\sandcherry\tools\common\database\model\vmc\TrainingStatus.hbm.xml -
> jeff3\platform\src\java\com\sandcherry\tools\common\database\model\vmc\ProfileTrainings.hbm.xml -
> ****************

Hi Brian,

Did you edit this output at all before posting it? It appears that
you have nothing by empty mergeinfo on a large number of subtrees in
both your merge source and target, this is unusual to say the least!
By empty mergeinfo I mean a svn:mergeinfo property with a value of ""
-- this is a perfectly valid value, but to have *nothing but* empty
mergeinfo is quite odd. Prior to 1.5.5 empty mergeinfo was frequently
created when performing a working-copy-to-working-copy copy or move.
Can you confirm if that is the case here?

What version of svn are you using?

> And the merge command and output:
>
> ***************
> C:\svp>svn merge http://svn-backup/sc/SVP/branches/user_branches/camille .\jeff3

Was this your first attempt to do a mergeinfo-aware (i.e. 1.5.0+)
merge from branches/user_branches/camille to jeff3? From the propget
output above I noticed that there was no mergeinfo on the root of the
target branch (i.e. jeff3) which indicates that no mergeinfo aware
merges have ever been made to it.

> svn: Unable to parse reversed revision range '3-2'
> *****************

So there was no other output? No merge notifications, nothing, just
this error message?

Paul

------------------------------------------------------
http://subversion.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=462&dsMessageId=1055919
Received on 2009-01-26 21:21:05 CET

This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Dev mailing list.