Re: [PATCH] bug fix for df command error when view conflicts interactively
2008-11-13 14:13:00 Julian Foad napisał(a):
> On Wed, 2008-11-12 at 13:43 +0800, Rock Sun wrote:
> > When we set locale as zh_CN.GBK and view conflict differences interactively
> > with '(df) diff-full' command. We will get a errors like below:
> > svn: Valid UTF-8 data
> > (hex: 65 78 74 2d 62 61 73 65 2f 61 2e 74 78 74 2e 73 76 6e 2d 62 61 73 65 09)
> > followed by invalid UTF-8 sequence
> > (hex: d0 c7 c6 da)
> > I find the invalid sequence is a date string in Chinese. So I view the
> > source code , I find
> > the original code has not transform the date string into UTF-8 before
> > pass it to other
> > string. So when we want to transform it into local encoding as UTF-8,
> > we get the
> > errors.
> > I contribute the patch just to encode the date string as UTF-8 before
> > it passed to
> > other strings.
> Rock Sun,
> Thank you very much for this patch. I reviewed, partially tested (in
> English and French locales, and in zh_CN.GBK verified that it outputs
> something not an error), and committed it in r34171.
> This will be fixed in Subversion 1.6.0. I have also nominated it for
> back-port to 1.5.x, so it may be in the next 1.5.x release.
You haven't nominated it yet :) .
Arfrever Frehtes Taifersar Arahesis
Received on 2008-11-14 21:09:01 CET
This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Dev