On 24 Sep 2008 at 18:06, Stefan Küng wrote:
> Jason Wenger wrote:
> > Hi, got what I am pretty sure is a bug here, about to file a bug report
> > unless you folks have any comments.
> > Steps to reproduce:
> > I am using a 1.5 client, running on windows. (I used TortoiseSVN, any of
> > the 1.5 versions)
> > I am using a 1.5 httpd host, running on Linux.
> > set up a working copy on a samba share. a single empty directory is
> > sufficient.
> > Add a empty .txt file to the working copy and commit it. (this will work)
> > Add a property to the txt file. Any property is sufficient.
> > Attempt to commit the property.
> > Commit
> > J:\test\foo.txt
> > Commit succeeded, but other errors follow:
> > Error bumping revisions post-commit (details follow):
> > In directory 'J:\test'
> > Error processing command 'committed' in 'J:\test'
> > Can't move 'J:\test\.svn\props\foo.txt.svn-work' to
> > 'J:\test\.svn\prop-base\foo.txt.svn-base': Access is denied.
> > Finished!
> Some users on the TSVN mailing list reported that this issue went away
> when they updated their SAMBA installation to the latest version.
Do you have a version number ?
I have been looking into this for a while now ( not enough hours/week though).
I would like to summarise what I have been doing.
I have generally been annoyed by how non-repeatable the problem is. I would have a
nice test that failed for a hour and then the next day would pass ever time.
The result of my investigations was sent to this list earlier
It would be nice if I could get some comments about it from other developers.
I am using two Samba systems one is on RHEL 5 Samba version 3.0.26a. The other
is network storage box by Stardom ( version a bit harder to find).
Setting the Samba share to "force create mode 0200" seems to help a bit, but does not
solve it completely.
I did find a more repeatable problem which occurs when two processes are running
svn at the same time on the same working copy. It still gave an "Access is denied"
error on my Stardom box.
I am currently trying to build TortoiseSVN ( have been on VS2005, so this has taken
its time ) to check that my patch works in that environment. It will probably take a
couple of weeks of no problems to convince me that all's fixed.
One of the errors that I have seen on the network (using wireshark) is a "delete in
progress" that gets converted to "Access is denied". Though this particular case is not
what causes the move failure above, I believe that my patch has a good chance of
fixing both issues.
I also have a theory that TSVNCache is part of the issue, as I always have icons
turned on for network drives. This is the only process that I have seen using the same
network share as the one I am testing on. But this has been hard to repeat on my
Stardom box ( seems to have broken "nt_notify" function), and I don't have good
access to the other Samba system from my home development environment.
I think that a bug should be filed.
I will try to report back in a week or two.
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe_at_subversion.tigris.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help_at_subversion.tigris.org
Received on 2008-09-24 22:55:45 CEST