[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

Re: Subversion 1.5 beta1, "malformed URL for repository" when merging over http

From: Kari Grano <kari.grano_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 15:35:16 +0300

Hi devs,

Has there been any resolution to the issue below? I'm seeing the same
behaviour with 1.5.0-rc9 on our repository. That is, merge fails as follows:

D:\wc>svn merge -c9952 http://my.repo.server.name.com/svn/repo/branches/8.2
svn: Malformed URL for repository

The server name is made up but contains the correct number of components
(dots and slashes). If I say

D:\wc>svn merge -c9952 http://@my.repo.server.name.com/svn/repo/branches/8.2

then the command is executed correctly. Note that I don't even need to
specify a user name, just '@'.

This happens on Windows Vista x64 SP1. The server runs Apache 2.0.59 on
Windows 2003 Server. The repository and SVN server-side parts are both based
on Subversion 1.4.3. Neon is used.


Rick Yorgason <rick_at_ldagames.com> wrote on Thu, 03 Apr 2008 18:04:17

> The Windows build of beta1 doesn't seem to come with ra_serf. That's on
> my client; I'm pretty sure the server is using neon as well, but I'll
> double check when I can access the machine later tonight.

>> David Glasser wrote:
>> Are you using Neon or serf? You should be able to find out by typing
>> "svn --version"; if it lists both the answer is neon unless you've
>> customized your ~/.subversion/servers file.
>>> Here's a transcript of my session, get ready, it's really short!
>>>> C:\Projects\Hegemony.rick3>svn merge -r8838:HEAD
>>> http://bender.ldastore.com/svn/Hegemony/trunk
>>>> svn: Malformed URL for repository
>>> When I use Tortoise, it shows that it's transferred 181 kBytes before it

>>> sends that error message.
>>> The Hegemony.rick3 folder is a clean checkout of my branch. Like I said
>>> before, it works fine if I add my username, for some bizarre reason.
>>> If I get time I'll try to do some detective work to track it down.
>>>> David Glasser wrote:
>>>> On Wed, Apr 2, 2008 at 5:11 AM, Rick Yorgason <rick_at_ldagames.com>
>>>> Hey guys,
>>>> I'm running a 1.4 WebDAV server with plain old http and a 1.5 beta1
>> client
>>>> (both the official client and TortoiseSVN) on a 64-bit version of
>>>> I can checkout, update, and commit stuff just fine, but when I try to
>> merge
>>>> a range of revisions from the trunk to my feature branch, I get an
>>>> that reads "malformed URL for repository" (which, I have to admit,
>>>> very useful).
>>>> I *have* found a work-around. If I change the target address from:
>>>> http://example.com/whatever/trunk
>>>> to:
>>>> http://username@example.com/whatever/trunk
>>>> then works without complaints, both in the command line client and
>>>> Tortoise.
>>>> I wasn't able to find any posting about this bug, so I figured I'd post

>> it.
>>>> Let me know if you want me to check anything else.
>>> Can you show the full command line you're typing rather than just the
>>> --dave

To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe_at_subversion.tigris.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help_at_subversion.tigris.org
Received on 2008-06-24 14:35:38 CEST

This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Dev mailing list.

This site is subject to the Apache Privacy Policy and the Apache Public Forum Archive Policy.