[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

Re: Subversion 1.5 Release decision?

From: C. Michael Pilato <cmpilato_at_collab.net>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 14:14:56 -0400

Blair Zajac wrote:
> Mark Phippard wrote:
>> Have we reached any consensus or made a decision on the release? I
>> think the conversation has stalled but maybe it has continued off
>> list. It seems like we have these options available:
>>
>> 1) Release 1.5 the week of June 2 based on current RC5
>>
>> 2) Release RC6 next week based on a new branch from RC5 + selected
>> safe fixes and API changes. GA to follow by a week.
>>
>> 3) Release RC6 next week based on current branch and start a new soak
>> period.
>>
>> I am not in favor of #3 if we are talking about a full 4-week soak.
>> I'd be OK with 2 weeks, in fact that option would be my personal
>> preference.
>
> +1 on 3) with a two week soak.

My thoughts exactly.

-- 
C. Michael Pilato <cmpilato_at_collab.net>
CollabNet   <>   www.collab.net   <>   Distributed Development On Demand

Received on 2008-05-21 20:15:06 CEST

This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Dev mailing list.