Hi all. We're almost halfway through the 4-week soak period for rc5.
There have been several minor items merged to the 1.5.x branch, but
overall, it looks like we're on track for release during the first week
of June (*knock on wood*).
I just wanted to remind everybody about the following paragraph from
"At the beginning of the final week of the stabilization period, a new
release candidate tarball should be made if there are any changes
pending since the last one. The final week of the stabilization period
is reserved for critical bugfixes; fixes for minor bugs should be
deferred to the A.B.1 release. A critical bug is a non-edge-case crash,
a data corruption problem, a major security hole, or something equally
RC 5 was released on May 5, so I plan on rolling and posting the next
(and hopefully final!) release candidate on May 23-24. If all goes
well, whatever makes it into that RC will be in 1.5.0-final; they will
share the same magic revision. Fixes which don't make it into RC 6 will
be postponed to 1.5.1, which I anticipate releases 1-2 months after
1.5.0, pending demand.
Over the next week, please continue testing RC 5, and be sure to
nominate any additional fixes to STATUS. Thanks again to everybody for
the hard work -- I'm starting to think that the light at the end of the
tunnel isn't a train!
Received on 2008-05-15 06:05:31 CEST