[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

Re: New SVNSYNC bug?

From: David Glasser <glasser_at_davidglasser.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 13:43:45 -0700

On Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 1:38 PM, David Summers
<david_at_summersoft.fay.ar.us> wrote:
> I've been using 1.5.0 SVNSYNC with WEBDAV proxy since about three days
> after the feature was committed in 2006/12 and have had very few problems
> with
> it. Master: 1.4.2 (Win2KR3), Slave: 1.5.0 (RHEL5) (web dav proxy enabled).
> The last stable version I've been using was r27613 from Nov 2007/11.
> A week or so ago I upgraded to 1.5.0 rc3.

Just to clarify, can you give precise version numbers for the master
and slave servers now *and your client*?


> Today I was doing some tags and I noticed that the SVNSYNC didn't seem to
> be working, I wasn't getting the new versions into the mirror repository.
> That happens evry once in a while and I have to manually do the SVNSYNC but
> it normally only happens on big commits.
> I ran the SVNSYNC manually and it claimed it transferred over the new
> revision. I went to the mirror repository and checked and it showed a new
> revision but the "svn log -v" showed the Changed Paths as blank and no
> commit log message.
> I puzzled about that for a few minutes and decided to try to re-initialize
> and re-sync the (small 25 revision) repository where the error showed up.
> I have a script file which sets up my mirror repositories with "svnadmin"
> and "svnsync init" and saved the old mirror and ran the script to
> (re)create the new one.
> I then ran svnsync on the master like I normally do to populate a new
> mirror after initialization with "svnadmin" and "svnsync init".
> Now ALL 25 revs showed up with no paths and no messages.
> Currently I'm working around the problem by manually copying db/revs and
> db/revprops. I've noticed that the mirror version of the db/reprops/X after
> svnsync only has "END" in it and both the db/revs/X and
> db/revprops/X files don't seem to match the file length of those files on
> the
> master server.
> Once I copy the files manually from master to slave it looks like
> everything is OK.
> If I were guessing, I would guess something to do with SVNSYNC has
> regressed sometime between r27613 from last 2007/11 to RC3 as of a couple of
> weeks ago?
> I will now proceed to attempt to downgrade back to r27613 and see if the
> problem goes away.
> Any ideas? If I can provide any more information, please let me know. I
> doubt I can provide the repo to any one for looking at but if you think it
> is important I can ask my supervisor.
> Thanks!
> --
> David Wayne Summers "Linux: Because reboots are for hardware
> upgrades!"
> david_at_summersoft.fay.ar.us PGP Key:
> http://summersoft.fay.ar.us/~david/pgp.txt
> PGP Key fingerprint = 0B44 B118 85CC F4EC 7021 1ED4 1516 5B78 E320 2001
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe_at_subversion.tigris.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help_at_subversion.tigris.org

David Glasser | glasser@davidglasser.net | http://www.davidglasser.net/
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe_at_subversion.tigris.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help_at_subversion.tigris.org
Received on 2008-04-28 22:44:00 CEST

This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Dev mailing list.

This site is subject to the Apache Privacy Policy and the Apache Public Forum Archive Policy.