[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

Subversion 1.5 beta1, "malformed URL for repository" when merging over http

From: Rick Yorgason <rick_at_ldagames.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2008 08:11:10 -0400

Hey guys,

I'm running a 1.4 WebDAV server with plain old http and a 1.5 beta1
client (both the official client and TortoiseSVN) on a 64-bit version of

I can checkout, update, and commit stuff just fine, but when I try to
merge a range of revisions from the trunk to my feature branch, I get an
error that reads "malformed URL for repository" (which, I have to admit,
isn't very useful).

I *have* found a work-around. If I change the target address from:




then works without complaints, both in the command line client and Tortoise.

I wasn't able to find any posting about this bug, so I figured I'd post
it. Let me know if you want me to check anything else.



To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe_at_subversion.tigris.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help_at_subversion.tigris.org
Received on 2008-04-02 14:12:17 CEST

This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Dev mailing list.

This site is subject to the Apache Privacy Policy and the Apache Public Forum Archive Policy.