[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

Re: Beta or RC by Wednesday evening

From: Mark Phippard <markphip_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 10:04:30 -0400

On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 9:24 AM, C. Michael Pilato <cmpilato_at_collab.net> wrote:
> Hyrum K. Wright wrote:
> > Hi all.
> >
> > I've been a bit out of the loop for the past few days, but it looks like
> > STATUS is pretty empty, and has been for a while. If there aren't any
> > objections, I'd like to roll *beta* 1 tomorrow evening.
> >
> > I know some people may feel we should call this an RC, and if that's
> > what folks want it's fine by me. I personally feel that we still have a
> > couple of unresolved issues ('log -g', for instance) which warrant
> > calling this a beta, rather than an RC.
> >
> > Anyway, please get your fixes into 1.5.x by Wednesday evening [it'll be
> > late, I'm on the (US) West Coast right now.]
> If I can't fix issue 3118, I too will oppose the notion of this being an RC.
> I'm debugging as fast as I can!

I think waiting for known issues that are actively being worked on
makes sense. I would just rather see us roll an RC later this week or
next week, then do a Beta now and an RC in another 3 or more weeks. I
do not think we will get the benefits from the Beta to warrant it.

AFAIK, the only known issues being worked on for 1.5 are the issue you
mentioned and the log -g problems that have been posted to the mailing
list. I say we get these fixed, however long it takes, and then do an

Mark Phippard
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe_at_subversion.tigris.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help_at_subversion.tigris.org
Received on 2008-03-12 15:04:52 CET

This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Dev mailing list.