[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

Re: Three depth tests fail against 1.4.x server

From: David Glasser <glasser_at_davidglasser.net>
Date: 2007-10-13 01:36:37 CEST

The first two are that the client has a wc at some shallow depth and
runs an update which includes a deletion of a file too deep for the
client to care. The client throws an error instead of ignoring it.
(I'm somewhat surprised for the first of the two, since I'd think
depth=empty would be translated to an "svn up -N" equivalent...)

--dave

On 10/12/07, David Glasser <glasser@davidglasser.net> wrote:
> So the good news first: Most tests in the test suite now pass or are
> skipped when run against 1.4.x svnserve. The exceptions are two tests
> related to issues currently nominated for backport, and three depth
> tests. (Well, six depth tests, but Karl's latest patch at Issue
> #2959 fixes half of them.)
>
> I'm pretty sure the depth tests are expected to pass even with an old
> server. I might look into them myself, but I'm not very familiar with
> the depth code. Here are the traces:
>
> CMD: svnadmin create svn-test-work/repositories/depth_tests-12
> --bdb-txn-nosync --pre-1.5-compatible <TIME = 0.229723>
> CMD: svnadmin dump "svn-test-work/local_tmp/repos" | svnadmin load
> "svn-test-work/repositories/depth_tests-12" --ignore-uuid <TIME =
> 0.051227>
> CMD: svn co --username jrandom --password rayjandom
> svn://127.0.0.1:7692/svn-test-work/repositories/depth_tests-12
> svn-test-work/working_copies/depth_tests-12 --config-dir
> /opt/svn/checkouts/trunk/subversion/tests/cmdline/svn-test-work/local_tmp/config
> <TIME = 0.145326>
> CMD: svn --username jrandom --password rayjandom co --depth empty
> svn://127.0.0.1:7692/svn-test-work/repositories/depth_tests-12
> svn-test-work/working_copies/depth_tests-12-depth-empty --config-dir
> /opt/svn/checkouts/trunk/subversion/tests/cmdline/svn-test-work/local_tmp/config
> <TIME = 0.092129>
> CMD: svn rm svn-test-work/working_copies/depth_tests-12/iota
> --config-dir /opt/svn/checkouts/trunk/subversion/tests/cmdline/svn-test-work/local_tmp/config
> <TIME = 0.072828>
> CMD: svn ci --username jrandom --password rayjandom -m "log msg"
> svn-test-work/working_copies/depth_tests-12 --config-dir
> /opt/svn/checkouts/trunk/subversion/tests/cmdline/svn-test-work/local_tmp/config
> <TIME = 0.143431>
> CMD: svn status -v -u -q --username jrandom --password rayjandom
> svn-test-work/working_copies/depth_tests-12 --config-dir
> /opt/svn/checkouts/trunk/subversion/tests/cmdline/svn-test-work/local_tmp/config
> <TIME = 0.091848>
> CMD: /opt/svn/checkouts/trunk/subversion/svn/svn exited with 1
> CMD: svn up svn-test-work/working_copies/depth_tests-12-depth-empty
> --config-dir /opt/svn/checkouts/trunk/subversion/tests/cmdline/svn-test-work/local_tmp/config
> <TIME = 0.083651>
> subversion/libsvn_wc/update_editor.c:1276: (apr_err=150000)
> svn: 'svn-test-work/working_copies/depth_tests-12-depth-empty/iota' is
> not under version control
> Traceback (most recent call last):
> File "/opt/svn/checkouts/trunk/subversion/tests/cmdline/svntest/main.py",
> line 938, in run
> rc = apply(self.pred.run, (), kw)
> File "/opt/svn/checkouts/trunk/subversion/tests/cmdline/svntest/testcase.py",
> line 121, in run
> return self.func(sandbox)
> File "./depth_tests.py", line 650, in depth_empty_unreceive_delete
> None, None, None, None, None)
> File "/opt/svn/checkouts/trunk/subversion/tests/cmdline/svntest/actions.py",
> line 533, in run_and_verify_update
> output, errput = main.run_svn (error_re_string, 'up', wc_dir_name, *args)
> File "/opt/svn/checkouts/trunk/subversion/tests/cmdline/svntest/main.py",
> line 422, in run_svn
> return run_command(svn_binary, error_expected, 0,
> *(_with_config_dir(varargs)))
> File "/opt/svn/checkouts/trunk/subversion/tests/cmdline/svntest/main.py",
> line 274, in run_command
> None, *varargs)
> File "/opt/svn/checkouts/trunk/subversion/tests/cmdline/svntest/main.py",
> line 373, in run_command_stdin
> raise Failure
> Failure
> FAIL: depth_tests.py 12: depth-empty working copy ignores a deletion
>
>
>
>
>
> CMD: svnadmin create svn-test-work/repositories/depth_tests-13
> --bdb-txn-nosync --pre-1.5-compatible <TIME = 0.761159>
> CMD: svnadmin dump "svn-test-work/local_tmp/repos" | svnadmin load
> "svn-test-work/repositories/depth_tests-13" --ignore-uuid <TIME =
> 0.049765>
> CMD: svn co --username jrandom --password rayjandom
> svn://127.0.0.1:7692/svn-test-work/repositories/depth_tests-13
> svn-test-work/working_copies/depth_tests-13 --config-dir
> /opt/svn/checkouts/trunk/subversion/tests/cmdline/svn-test-work/local_tmp/config
> <TIME = 0.143620>
> CMD: svn --username jrandom --password rayjandom co --depth immediates
> svn://127.0.0.1:7692/svn-test-work/repositories/depth_tests-13
> svn-test-work/working_copies/depth_tests-13-depth-immediates
> --config-dir /opt/svn/checkouts/trunk/subversion/tests/cmdline/svn-test-work/local_tmp/config
> <TIME = 0.139285>
> CMD: svn rm svn-test-work/working_copies/depth_tests-13/A/mu
> --config-dir /opt/svn/checkouts/trunk/subversion/tests/cmdline/svn-test-work/local_tmp/config
> <TIME = 0.074875>
> CMD: svn ci --username jrandom --password rayjandom -m "log msg"
> svn-test-work/working_copies/depth_tests-13 --config-dir
> /opt/svn/checkouts/trunk/subversion/tests/cmdline/svn-test-work/local_tmp/config
> <TIME = 0.129783>
> CMD: svn status -v -u -q --username jrandom --password rayjandom
> svn-test-work/working_copies/depth_tests-13 --config-dir
> /opt/svn/checkouts/trunk/subversion/tests/cmdline/svn-test-work/local_tmp/config
> <TIME = 0.102051>
> CMD: /opt/svn/checkouts/trunk/subversion/svn/svn exited with 1
> CMD: svn up svn-test-work/working_copies/depth_tests-13-depth-immediates
> --config-dir /opt/svn/checkouts/trunk/subversion/tests/cmdline/svn-test-work/local_tmp/config
> <TIME = 0.111524>
> subversion/libsvn_wc/update_editor.c:1276: (apr_err=150000)
> svn: 'svn-test-work/working_copies/depth_tests-13-depth-immediates/A/mu'
> is not under version control
> Traceback (most recent call last):
> File "/opt/svn/checkouts/trunk/subversion/tests/cmdline/svntest/main.py",
> line 938, in run
> rc = apply(self.pred.run, (), kw)
> File "/opt/svn/checkouts/trunk/subversion/tests/cmdline/svntest/testcase.py",
> line 121, in run
> return self.func(sandbox)
> File "./depth_tests.py", line 691, in depth_immediates_unreceive_delete
> None, None, None, None, None)
> File "/opt/svn/checkouts/trunk/subversion/tests/cmdline/svntest/actions.py",
> line 533, in run_and_verify_update
> output, errput = main.run_svn (error_re_string, 'up', wc_dir_name, *args)
> File "/opt/svn/checkouts/trunk/subversion/tests/cmdline/svntest/main.py",
> line 422, in run_svn
> return run_command(svn_binary, error_expected, 0,
> *(_with_config_dir(varargs)))
> File "/opt/svn/checkouts/trunk/subversion/tests/cmdline/svntest/main.py",
> line 274, in run_command
> None, *varargs)
> File "/opt/svn/checkouts/trunk/subversion/tests/cmdline/svntest/main.py",
> line 373, in run_command_stdin
> raise Failure
> Failure
> FAIL: depth_tests.py 13: depth-immediates working copy ignores a deletion
>
>
>
> CMD: svnadmin create svn-test-work/repositories/depth_tests-19
> --bdb-txn-nosync --pre-1.5-compatible <TIME = 0.096259>
> CMD: svnadmin dump "svn-test-work/local_tmp/repos" | svnadmin load
> "svn-test-work/repositories/depth_tests-19" --ignore-uuid <TIME =
> 0.006561>
> CMD: svn co --username jrandom --password rayjandom
> svn://127.0.0.1:7692/svn-test-work/repositories/depth_tests-19
> svn-test-work/working_copies/depth_tests-19 --config-dir
> /opt/svn/checkouts/trunk/subversion/tests/cmdline/svn-test-work/local_tmp/config
> <TIME = 0.143770>
> CMD: svn --username jrandom --password rayjandom co --depth empty
> svn://127.0.0.1:7692/svn-test-work/repositories/depth_tests-19
> svn-test-work/working_copies/depth_tests-19-depth-empty --config-dir
> /opt/svn/checkouts/trunk/subversion/tests/cmdline/svn-test-work/local_tmp/config
> <TIME = 0.093284>
> CMD: svn propset foo foo-val
> svn-test-work/working_copies/depth_tests-19 --config-dir
> /opt/svn/checkouts/trunk/subversion/tests/cmdline/svn-test-work/local_tmp/config
> <TIME = 0.074787>
> CMD: svn propset bar bar-val
> svn-test-work/working_copies/depth_tests-19/A --config-dir
> /opt/svn/checkouts/trunk/subversion/tests/cmdline/svn-test-work/local_tmp/config
> <TIME = 0.073895>
> CMD: svn --username jrandom --password rayjandom commit -m ""
> svn-test-work/working_copies/depth_tests-19 --config-dir
> /opt/svn/checkouts/trunk/subversion/tests/cmdline/svn-test-work/local_tmp/config
> <TIME = 0.133383>
> CMD: /opt/svn/checkouts/trunk/subversion/svn/svn exited with 1
> CMD: svn diff -rHEAD --config-dir
> /opt/svn/checkouts/trunk/subversion/tests/cmdline/svn-test-work/local_tmp/config
> <TIME = 0.097071>
> EXPECTED STDERR:
> ACTUAL STDERR:
> subversion/libsvn_subr/io.c:2626: (apr_err=2)
> svn: Can't open file 'A/.svn/text-base/mu.svn-base': No such file or directory
> EXCEPTION: SVNLineUnequal
> Traceback (most recent call last):
> File "/opt/svn/checkouts/trunk/subversion/tests/cmdline/svntest/main.py",
> line 938, in run
> rc = apply(self.pred.run, (), kw)
> File "/opt/svn/checkouts/trunk/subversion/tests/cmdline/svntest/testcase.py",
> line 121, in run
> return self.func(sandbox)
> File "./depth_tests.py", line 1057, in diff_in_depthy_wc
> 'diff', '-rHEAD')
> File "/opt/svn/checkouts/trunk/subversion/tests/cmdline/svntest/actions.py",
> line 159, in run_and_verify_svn
> verify.verify_outputs(message, out, err, expected_stdout, expected_stderr)
> File "/opt/svn/checkouts/trunk/subversion/tests/cmdline/svntest/verify.py",
> line 317, in verify_outputs
> compare_and_display_lines(message, label, expected, actual, raisable)
> File "/opt/svn/checkouts/trunk/subversion/tests/cmdline/svntest/verify.py",
> line 292, in compare_and_display_lines
> raise raisable
> SVNLineUnequal
> FAIL: depth_tests.py 19: diff at various depths in non-infinity wc
>
> --dave
>
>
> --
> David Glasser | glasser_at_davidglasser.net | http://www.davidglasser.net/
>

-- 
David Glasser | glasser_at_davidglasser.net | http://www.davidglasser.net/
---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@subversion.tigris.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@subversion.tigris.org
Received on Sat Oct 13 01:38:51 2007

This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Dev mailing list.