[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

Re: Delaying 1.5 branch till Monday?

From: Ben Collins-Sussman <sussman_at_red-bean.com>
Date: 2007-10-12 16:33:04 CEST

On 10/12/07, Mark Phippard <markphip@gmail.com> wrote:

> Just to clarify my position, since I threw out October 12th as a date.
> Today is supposed to be a goal, not a deadline. We still want to
> apply the same standards we have always applied in doing a release. I
> think we need to try to take stock of where we are today. List out
> the additional work that should be done before we branch, and set a
> new goal based on that list.

Amen!

Here's where things stand with me: I've been focused all week on
weeding out bugs and last-minute enhancements to my three new
features: {copy-on-update, changelists, interactive-conflicts}.

  * Changelists are all set, save for some docs in the releasenotes.

  * Copy-on-update is finished, but one of the three new tests
(update-test 38) is failing over both neon and serf, so I'm
investigating that now. I've documented this new enhancement in the
releasenotes.

  * Interactive-conflicts are almost done: I'm going to extend the
conflict-description structures and callback APIs to deal with
property conflicts today.

Realistically, what loose ends I don't finish up today I'll finish
over the weekend. Come next week, I need to get back to focusing on
internal Google work full-time, so my involvement will drop back down
to mere participation in discussions & testing as we prepare for an
RC1 tarball.

So if we *do* decide to branch on Monday, my stuff should be ready for that.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@subversion.tigris.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@subversion.tigris.org
Received on Fri Oct 12 16:33:14 2007

This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Dev mailing list.