Pursuant to discussion on the svnmerge mailing list, I wrote up some
patches to allow svnmerge to merge between multiple repositories, where
the repository path is the same in each. I've posted the patch to that
list, but heard nothing in return:
I have attached the series of patches, including unit tests. The tests
all pass (except the three that don't pass in the current HEAD) at each
Patches should be applied in this order:
Any comments would be appreciated, as would be a vision of how this
might get committed. Here are the patch descriptions:
> fix comments, variable names for urls, directories, and
> "repostitory-relative paths" to be more explicit and call the
> repo-relative paths "location identifiers"
> clean up the locid abstraction, removing a few assumptions about
> the form of location identifiers; depends on previous patch
> Add support for three types of identifiers for locations in the
> subversion properties:
> - path (the existing repo-relative path)
> - uuid (uuid://XXXXXXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXXXXXXXXX/repo/relative/path)
> - url
> 'svnmerge init' has a new flag, --location-type, allowing the user to
> specify which kind of location to use. After that, the format will be
> I've also included two fairly independent patches for bugs I ran across
> in this process:
> analyze_source_revs() gets the latest revision of the *branch*
> repository, then proceeds to use that value against the *source*
> repository; it should get the latest revision of the *source*.
> Detect and error out on invalid URLs.
Dustin J. Mitchell
Storage Software Engineer, Zmanda, Inc.
Received on Tue May 1 20:02:45 2007
To unsubscribe, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
For additional commands, e-mail: email@example.com