On Mon, 26 Mar 2007, Erik Huelsmann wrote:
> >> Strong +1 to branching 1.5.x in 2 weeks.
> I propose we use r24025 to branch 1.5, since nobody took the time to
> finish this discussion before merging MT to trunk...
I've seen only two committer +1's remain in favor of branching 1.5
now. Majority support is in favor of completing the work on an
initial release of Merge Tracking, and finishing up the underlying
Sparse Directories framework.
If consensus did change, and an immediate 1.5 loomed, it should not
include the sparse-directories merge (instead, using r24024), as the
code from that branch still needs time to stabilize. I've fixed at
least 5 show-stopper bugs since the merge, and some changes from
pending API discussions remain incomplete. I'd prefer to see this
stabilization occur on trunk, concurrently to the last bits of Merge
Tracking development and stabilization, resulting in a truly
compelling 1.5.0 release.
Received on Mon Mar 26 21:21:40 2007
- application/pgp-signature attachment: stored