[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

Re: Status report for Ruby bindings on Windows

From: Joe Swatosh <joe.swatosh_at_gmail.com>
Date: 2007-02-01 06:26:36 CET

Oops

On 1/31/07, Joe Swatosh <joe.swatosh@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi kou
>
> On 1/30/07, Kouhei Sutou <kou@cozmixng.org> wrote:
> > Hi Joe,
> >
> > In <ae6cb1100701292301o55581b5ay5826525a743d7e20@mail.gmail.com>
> > "Re: Status report for Ruby bindings on Windows" on Mon, 29 Jan 2007 23:01:59 -0800,
> > "Joe Swatosh" <joe.swatosh@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
>
>
> >
> > > * Normalizing the line breaks. Upon reflection, I've decided that I
> > > started us down the wrong path when I modified the tests for the line
> > > ending issues. As I've thought about it more, I now believe that the
> > > bindings should do the conversions. My thinking is since Ruby treats
> > > line endings as "'\n" instead of "\r\n" the bindings should provide
> > > any multiline values Ruby expects. (This is where the 'b' comes from
> > > when calling File::open. Without the 'b' on windows there is a \r\n
> > > to \n conversion. With the 'b', no conversion. Maybe we should check
> > > out what the Perl and Python bindings do about this issue on
> > > windows?). (I've made zero effort to figure out what this will take).
> >
> > OK. We'll try the problem after we solve test environment
> > problem on Windows.
> >
>
>
> >
>
> Removing all invocations and the definition of normalize_line_break
> from the test\*.rb files and the attached patch get us:
>
> D:\SVN\src-trunk\subversion\bindings\swig\ruby>ruby test\run-test.rb
> Loaded suite test
> Started
> ........................................................................................F.......F......................................F...
> Finished in 421.183 seconds.
>
> 1) Failure:
> test_delta(SvnFsTest)
> [D:/SVN/src-trunk/subversion/bindings/swig/ruby/test/test_fs.rb:317]:
> <"A\n\n\n\nE\n"> expected but was
> <"<<<<<<< .mine\nA\nb\nc\nd\nE\n=======\na\n\n\n\ne\n>>>>>>> .r2\n">.
>
> 2) Failure:
> test_diff(SvnInfoTest)
> [D:/SVN/src-trunk/subversion/bindings/swig/ruby/test/test_info.rb:202]:
> <2> expected but was
> <1>.
>
> 3) Failure:
> test_translated_file(SvnWcTest)
> [D:/SVN/src-trunk/subversion/bindings/swig/ruby/test/test_wc.rb:417:in
> `test_translated_file'
> D:/SVN/src-trunk/subversion/bindings/swig/ruby/svn/wc.rb:94:in `_open'
> D:/SVN/src-trunk/subversion/bindings/swig/ruby/svn/wc.rb:73:in `open'
> D:/SVN/src-trunk/subversion/bindings/swig/ruby/test/test_wc.rb:409:in
> `test_translated_file']:
> <"a\r\n"> expected but was
> <"a\n">.
>
> 139 tests, 893 assertions, 3 failures, 0 errors
>
> So that fixed most of the line ending failures, but caused a
> regression in test_wc.

Not really a regression....

> --
> Joe
>
>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@subversion.tigris.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@subversion.tigris.org
Received on Thu Feb 1 06:26:51 2007

This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Dev mailing list.