[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

Re: Serf takes more time to complete the tests than dav

From: Kamesh Jayachandran <kamesh_at_collab.net>
Date: 2007-01-02 13:03:41 CET


Not sure what is happening with ra_serf.
I get inconsistent failures.
Last week when I ran the testsuite,I got merge_tests4 failing, when
delved for a cause I found "out of order output lines between actual run
of merge and dry-run". When I patched my local working copy to compare
in unordered manner. I got many failures.

I doubted my fix. Just reverted it. Ran merge_tests alone over ra_serf.
All tests succeeded.
Ran the full suite over ra_serf. All tests succeeded.

I thought the original error could be One Off.

Yesterday when I tried with serf@trunk I got many failures.
Thought that it could be because of serf@trunk.
Today when I tried with serf@0.1.0, I similar set of tests failing.

I use apr-0.9.7 and apu-0.9.7 .

With regards
Kamesh Jayachandran

Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> On 1/1/07, Kamesh Jayachandran <kamesh@collab.net> wrote:
>> I could see the speed improvements.(Now it took 42 mins to complete
>> in my
>> RHEL3).
> Cool.
>> But with trunk I get the following tests failing in trunk.
>> FAIL: merge_tests.py 1: performing a merge, with mixed results
>> FAIL: merge_tests.py 2: merge and add new files/dirs with history
>> FAIL: merge_tests.py 3: merge that deletes items
>> FAIL: merge_tests.py 4: some simple property merges
>> FAIL: merge_tests.py 5: merging a file w/no explicit target path
>> using -r
>> FAIL: merge_tests.py 7: merge should not die if a target file is
>> absent
>> FAIL: merge_tests.py 8: merge on deleted directory in target
>> FAIL: merge_tests.py 9: merging similar trees ancestrally unrelated
>> FAIL: merge_tests.py 10: merge operations using PREV revision
>> FAIL: merge_tests.py 11: merge change into unchanged binary file
>> FAIL: merge_tests.py 12: 3-way merge of 'file add' into existing
>> binary
>> FAIL: merge_tests.py 15: diff after merge that creates a new file
>> FAIL: merge_tests.py 16: merge should skip over unversioned
>> obstructions
>> FAIL: merge_tests.py 17: merge into missing must not break working
>> copy
>> FAIL: merge_tests.py 18: merge --dry-run adding a new file with props
>> FAIL: merge_tests.py 19: merge binary files with common ancestry
>> FAIL: merge_tests.py 20: merge with funny characters (issue #1905)
>> FAIL: merge_tests.py 21: merge changes to keyword expansion property
>> FAIL: merge_tests.py 22: merge prop change into deleted target
>> FAIL: merge_tests.py 24: merge between branches (Issue #2222)
>> FAIL: merge_tests.py 25: property merges don't overwrite existing
>> prop-mods
>> FAIL: merge_tests.py 26: property merge conflict even without local
>> mods
>> FAIL: merge_tests.py 27: undo, then redo a property merge
>> FAIL: merge_tests.py 28: cherry-pick a dependent change, get conflict
>> FAIL: merge_tests.py 29: merge a replacement of a file
>> FAIL: merge_tests.py 31: merge a replacement of a file to mixed rev wc
>> FAIL: merge_tests.py 32: merge an added dir on a deleted dir in target
>> FAIL: merge_tests.py 33: ignore whitespace when merging
>> FAIL: merge_tests.py 34: ignore eolstyle when merging
>> FAIL: merge_tests.py 35: conflict from merge of add over versioned
>> file
>> FAIL: merge_tests.py 36: conflict markers should match the file's eol
>> style
>> FAIL: revert_tests.py 6: revert a merge replacement of file with
>> history
>> FAIL: stat_tests.py 22: status on conflicted added file
>> FAIL: special_tests.py 7: merge symlink into file
>> Yet to delve for the cause of the failure.
> I have a feeling something else is going on here as I'm not seeing any
> of these failures in trunk on OS X or Ubuntu. -- justin

To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@subversion.tigris.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@subversion.tigris.org
Received on Tue Jan 2 13:03:29 2007

This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Dev mailing list.