[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

Bug with http: URLs with functions from the client module in the Python bindings

From: Christian Boos <cboos_at_neuf.fr>
Date: 2006-12-19 16:38:38 CET


I think I've found a bug in the client module of the Python bindings, in
Erik Huelsmann asked me to follow-up in this mailing list.

Alternatively, it can well be a misuse of the API, in which case I'd be
glad to get a few pointers to the relevant documentation (well, besides
the doxygen documentation for the C API and the Python binding tests).

Erik Huelsmann wrote:
> ...
>> (about a script testing client.blame2)
>> This seems to work for file: and svn: URLs only, at least for me with
>> Subversion 1.4.0 on windows, as I got crashes in _client.dll when trying
>> out http: URLs...
> Could you send a reproduction recipe for that to
> dev@subversion.tigris.org please? We'll want to fix that in 1.4.4 as
> soon as it comes out.

Simply use the provided blame.py script with an http: URL, e.g.

 python C:/TMP/blame.py http://svn.edgewall.org/repos/trac/trunk/README

Stack trace:
> _client.dll!00fb5c9d()

Actually, the URL doesn't even need to be valid to trigger the crash:

 python C:/TMP/blame.py http://xxx

Stack trace:
> _client.dll!00fb5c9d()

The problem is not specific to the client.blame2 function, as I get the
same stacktrace with client.svn_client_info.

I've just checked with the 1.4.2 bindings for Python 2.4, as available
from tigris.org and the bug is there as well.
Sorry for not giving more context with the stacktrace, but putting the
.pdb next to the dlls didn't help for some reason.

Thanks for your time!

-- Christian

To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@subversion.tigris.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@subversion.tigris.org

Received on Tue Dec 19 16:38:58 2006

This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Dev mailing list.