[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

svnmerge.py issue: Attempted to get textual contents of a *non*-file node

From: Roberto Aguilar <roberto.c.aguilar_at_gmail.com>
Date: 2006-11-30 21:37:49 CET

Hi,

While using the svnmerge.py tool, I ran into a problem where if the
directory name is the same as a filename within that directory, the
following error would be given:

svn: Attempted to get textual contents of a *non*-file node

The exact problem described here:

http://svn.haxx.se/dev/archive-2004-10/1484.shtml

The solution in the thread is to move up to the parent directory and
specify the directory name instead of "." (specifying "." is what
svnmerge.py currently does). I check for this condition and make the
directory name this instead:

../<current directory>

This fixed the problem for me, and I'm attaching a patch. Note that
the patch has not been thoroughly tested.

Thanks!
-Roberto.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@subversion.tigris.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@subversion.tigris.org

Received on Fri Dec 1 23:05:59 2006

This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Dev mailing list.