Re: Optional text base design discussion?
From: Peter Samuelson <peter_at_p12n.org>
Date: 2006-10-15 08:26:32 CEST
So here's what I think would need to happen:
- Eliminate any assumptions about when a text-base file should always
- If a text-base file is needed and does not exist, I guess create it
- Check for two text-base filenames, with and without .gz, and if
- Commands like 'merge' and 'rm' need to move the old copy of the file
And the UI:
- New flag for 'svn co', 'svn ci' and 'svn up' to indicate desire for
- New svn subcommand to add a text-base to an unmodified file, in
> Single .svn directory (database?) for the entire working copy
That issue has little or nothing to do with missing/compressed
This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Dev mailing list.