OP is probably me... just fyi - OP is doing his best to provide as much info
Upgrade to 1.4.0 is *NOT* coincidental with some other change in the
environment. I do not change two things at time.
I downgraded the client back to 1.3.2 and I do not have a crash anymore.
The fact 1.3.2 works well and the fact 1.4.0 works well from the command
line, probably eliminates the "antivirus theory".
I also tried to use ant 1.7.beta2 - with the exactly same result.
I also tried to increase memory usage for ant using ANT_OPTS - with the
exactly same result.
> 1) the OP didn't tell us what, if anything, the Windows error popup said;
I will post the screenshot next time I reproduce it. This is usual windows
error message telling "bad memory access on ... address"
> 2) the OP didn't tell us whether the failure is always on the same file or
> different files;
On different files but in the same folder.
> 3) the OP didn't tell us whether the subst'd drive is a local or networked
subst always mean local. network drive called "map-drive"
> 4) the OP didn't tell us whether the client box was running any antivirus
> software (or other software that hooks into the filesystem);
yes, it runs semantec antivirus.
> 5) the OP didn't tell us whether this only happened only when two or more
> commits were made in quick succession, nor how large the working copy is.
only one commit at time. no other activity on the server and on the client.
Received on Tue Oct 3 05:12:23 2006