[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

RE: [PATCH] fix for issue #2556: support working copies on the root of a (virtual) drive

From: Lieven Govaerts <lgo_at_mobsol.be>
Date: 2006-08-20 22:17:40 CEST


> -----Original Message-----
> From: Branko ibej [mailto:brane@xbc.nu]
> Sent: zondag 20 augustus 2006 18:38

> * Don't make calling apr_filepath_root Windows-specific; that
> defeats the whole point of calling that function in the
> first place.

It was meant as a 'don't punish the guys that are not responsible for the
problem' thing, but I've removed it now.

> * Use svn_path_cstring_from_utf8, which will convert the string from
internal encoding to whatever APR expects (and is usually a no-op
> on Windows, by the way).

I have a problem here, which I hope you can help me with.

The function svn_path_cstring_from_utf8 returns svn_error_t *, but I don't
know how to handle that potential error. I've tried to change the return
type of svn_path_is_root, but that would push the problem to its callers.
Atleast two of those callers svn_path_basename and svn_path_join are public
functions, so I can't change those declarations.

I could convert the string somewhere higher in the stack, but that doesn't
seem right either.



To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@subversion.tigris.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@subversion.tigris.org
Received on Sun Aug 20 22:19:24 2006

This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Dev mailing list.

This site is subject to the Apache Privacy Policy and the Apache Public Forum Archive Policy.