Blair Zajac wrote:
> C. Michael Pilato wrote:
>> mailer.py's sample configuration file -- and, until r20600, behavior --
>> gives the following expected behavior for the diff_*_url options:
>> # Diff URL construction. For the configured diff URL types, the diff
>> # section (which follows the message header) will include the URL
>> # relevant to the change type, even if actual diff generation for that
>> # change type is disabled (per the generate_diffs option).
>> # Available substitution variables are: path, base_path, rev, base_rev
>> But as of r20600, those substitution variables (path, base_path, rev,
>> base_rev) no longer work.
>> I haven't really jumped into a debugging session, but my guess is that
>> substitution is now happening earlier than it was before (in the calls to
>> cfg.get()), specifically, too early for the above variables to have been
>> I'm tracking this regression in issue #2587.
> So r20600 worked for me because I was using mappings in our production
> environment, which differed the parameter substitution till later, hence
> I didn't see the bug.
> The below patch, which I can apply when people are happy with it, defers
> the parameter retrieval.
> I tested this patch with a mailer.conf that uses mapping and one that
> does not for the diff_*_url values.
Reviewed the patch. Looks good. Committed in r20854. Will close issue
#2587 now, and propose 20854 for backport to 1.4.x.
C. Michael Pilato <firstname.lastname@example.org>
CollabNet <> www.collab.net <> Distributed Development On Demand
Received on Tue Jul 25 19:32:32 2006