On Fri, 07 Jul 2006, Kamesh Jayachandran wrote:
> Garrett Rooney wrote:
> >Uhh, maybe it's just me, but this seems like you're working around the
> >actual problem here.
Kamesh and I spent some time looking into this test failure today, and
this did indeed turn out to be the case.
> Even though the given merge leads to 'Skip' svn:mergeinfo is recorded.
> This causes subsequent force merge to fail.
> * subversion/tests/cmdline/merge_tests.py
> 'svn revert -R B2_path' to make subsequent forced merges to succeed.
This turned out to be part of the broader scoped notification handling
changes necessary on the merge-tracking branch. My working plan for
handling these issues is written up in TODO . I'd love to get some
feedback on the approach:
* Handle multiple notifications for single WC items. Possible
* Output multiple notifications, but print divider lines
indicating the revisions range to which a set of notifications
applies. Introduce a new type of "skipped" notification for WC
items which are already in conflict.
* Collate changes as merge ranges are applied. Detect and handle
collisions (multiple notifications to the same WC item), giving
preference to later notifications (?).
* Handle skips. Merge test 3 fails because a merge of a revision
range which contains a delete will not delete locally modified
files (at least, not without --force), but is still recording
* If all changes in a merge are skipped, no merge info should be
recorded for the target.
* If only some changes are skipped, merge info should be recorded
for the target, and recorded as empty (or with no modifications,
if there is pre-existing merge info) for the skipped items.
* Handle conflicts.
* If a conflict is encountered, invoke a conflict resolution
callback to give a Subversion client a chance to intervene. If
resolution is successful, convert the notification from a 'C' to
something else (e.g. 'M'). (Phase 2?)
* Otherwise, stop applying merge ranges as soon as a second
conflict is encountered in a WC item (as it might generate
overlapping conflict makers, or apply a merge inside a conflict
marker!), being sure to record partial application of merge
Received on Fri Jul 21 00:18:39 2006
- application/pgp-signature attachment: stored