[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

To RC1 or not to RC1?

From: David Anderson <david.anderson_at_calixo.net>
Date: 2006-07-02 00:46:00 CEST

So, after various events, we have the sigs to release 1.4.0RC1 if we
want to. The announcements and stuff are mostly ready to go out.

The question now is: do we want to release RC1 ?

The issues: several bugs were found during testing. Some turned out to
be "the bdb fixes", addressing some problems with our handling of bdb
4.4. Branko started work on the fixes, and has to my knowledge
commited some. There is one tricky bug left, which rooneg has a lead
on.

So, we now have a 1.4.x STATUS ripe with more backports, including a
lot of bugfixes that will require restarting the soak, if we release
RC1.

In this context, should I scrap releasing RC1, and wait until our
current set of fixes are merged and roll RC2?

I can see arguments for doing either, but lundblad points out quite
rightly that RC1 is definitely not releasable as 1.4.0, which should
disqualify it for public release.

So, do we scrap and wait for the last of the fixes and backports for
RC2, or release RC1, fully knowing that it is obsolete before release?

- Dave.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@subversion.tigris.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@subversion.tigris.org
Received on Sun Jul 2 00:40:54 2006

This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Dev mailing list.