[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

[BUG] svn log output truncated on IRIX.

From: Carsten Koch <Carsten.Koch_at_icem.com>
Date: 2006-06-02 23:27:50 CEST

Hi,

we have python scripts that postprocess the "svn log" output.
They depend on the line count in the log entry header.
A script crashed today on IRIX after a user created a log
message containing german Umlauts.

The log entry simply stops before the first Umlaut.
The output continues with the next log entry without
a line feed.

I tried my test case on AIX, HP-UX, IRIX, Linux and Solaris.
It fails only on IRIX.
I installed subversion 1.3.2 on IRIX to see if the bug has
been fixed recently. Same bug with subversion 1.3.2.

svn log --xml works fine under IRIX.

I'll be happy to debug this, but I have no idea
where to start looking. Can somebody point me to
the right place in the source?

I am attaching 4 log versions

* linux.log - log output created under SuSE linux 10.1
  with subversion 1.3.0. svn log -r22752:22762
  OK.

* linux_xml.log - log output created under SuSE linux 10.1
  with subversion 1.3.0. svn log -r22752:22762 --xml
  OK.

* irix.log - log output created under IRIX6.5
  with subversion 1.3.2. svn log -r22752:22762
  First entry truncated, second entry OK.

* irix_xml.log - log output created under IRIX6.5
  with subversion 1.3.2. svn log -r22752:22762 --xml
  OK.

Thanks and Cheers,
Carsten.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@subversion.tigris.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@subversion.tigris.org

Received on Fri Jun 2 23:28:27 2006

This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Dev mailing list.