[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

Re: The time for 1.3.1 is nigh

From: Malcolm Rowe <malcolm-svn-dev_at_farside.org.uk>
Date: 2006-03-10 15:01:59 CET

On Fri, Mar 10, 2006 at 01:53:16PM +0100, David Anderson wrote:
> When I volunteered for RM, it was with the understanding that I'd
> continue unless stated otherwise. So, yeah, if that's okay with people
> (ie. if I didn't do a too shabby job last time), I'm happy to RM for
> 1.3.1 as well.


> So, if you are satisfied with the state of the release branch, I can
> get an RC out the door this weekend. If not, I can help review stuff,
> or if you need more time to finalize things, just ping me when you're
> ready.

I'd like to hear what others think, but I think we should try to merge
at least:

* the fix to issue #2398, which fixes a potential server-side crash that
  may or may not be exploitable in 1.3.0;
* r18721, which appears to be a regression in 1.3.0's Python bindings
  that occassionally affects Trac; and
* r18665, r18668, which causes us not to show locks for 'svn ls' on
  paths that needs URL-encoding.

It would be nice to merge the other changes as well, of course, but
if we don't get to them, I don't think we should delay the release.
We are expecting to release 1.3.2 when the BDB 4.4 support is available,
after all.

> Uh, actually, when you say "RC", what do you mean? My understanding
> was that for patch releases, there wasn't a soak + multiple RCs before
> release. Am I mistaken?

Nope - I just meant 'the RC that will become 1.3.1'.


To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@subversion.tigris.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@subversion.tigris.org
Received on Fri Mar 10 15:03:32 2006

This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Dev mailing list.