[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

Problem with svn_client_ls3 and pre 1.2 servers

From: Stefan Küng <tortoisesvn_at_gmail.com>
Date: 2005-12-27 09:58:16 CET


This isn't a problem with the CL client but with the library, I haven't
found a way to reproduce this with the client (yet).

While trying to reproduce some reports on the TSVN list, I found that
when doing an svn_client_ls3() with a pre-1.2 server and TSVN linked
against the very latest 1.3.x branch, I get an error which shouldn't happen.


with pegrev and rev being 52, both hashes created with apr_hash_make()
and pctx also set up correctly.

This will return the error:
REPORT request failed on 'url'
'url' path not found.

While stepping through the Subversion code, I found that the 'ls' part
works correctly but then fails when it tries to fetch the locks. This is
of course not a problem because tigris.org is a pre-1.2 server and
simply doesn't know about locks. The problem is that in
libsvn_client/ls.c, lines 158ff. the returned error isn't
SVN_ERR_RA_NOT_IMPLEMENTED but 175007, and that error isn't caught.


P.S. Just found the '-v' option :)

svn ls -v http://vss2svn.tigris.org/svn/vss2svn/branches/0.3-bugfix@52
will fail, but
svn ls http://vss2svn.tigris.org/svn/vss2svn/branches/0.3-bugfix@52

svn --version
svn, version 1.3.0 (dev build)
   compiled Dec 20 2005, 18:13:18

   oo  // \\      "De Chelonian Mobile"
  (_,\/ \_/ \     TortoiseSVN
    \ \_/_\_/>    The coolest Interface to (Sub)Version Control
    /_/   \_\     http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@subversion.tigris.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@subversion.tigris.org
Received on Tue Dec 27 10:01:32 2005

This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Dev mailing list.

This site is subject to the Apache Privacy Policy and the Apache Public Forum Archive Policy.