[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

Re: Bug: Case sensitivity of autoprops on Windows

From: Branko ─îibej <brane_at_xbc.nu>
Date: 2005-08-24 17:16:45 CEST

Servatius.Brandt@fujitsu-siemens.com wrote:

>The following problem is on MS Windows systems:
>
>If I have an autoprop entry for *.xml in
>...\Application Data\Subversion\config, it works only for files with
>.xml extension, but not for files with .XML extensions.
>
>
It is not a bug. We don't promise that autoprops patterns are
case-insensitive.

>If this is not considered a bug, the following is a bug:
>
>If I have two autoprop entries for *.xml and for *.XML, only the first
>of these entries works: If the order is *.xml before *.XML, then only
>files with the .xml extension get the properties, but not files with an
>.XML extension. With the opposite order of the autoprop entries in the
>config file, only files with the .XML extension get the properties, but
>not files with an .xml extension.
>
>That is, the second of two subsequent *.xml and *.XML (or *.XML and
>*.xml) entries in config is ignored.
>
>
I can reproduce this, but again, it's not really a bug -- it's an
artefact of the config file format, where section and value names _are_
considered to be case-insensitive. I find that's a misfeature, even
though I did design the format myself ... :( Anyway, because of our
compatibility guarantees, we can't really make the config section and
value names case-sensitive.

However, there's a workaround for what you want to do:

    *.[Xx][Mm][Ll] = svn:mime-type=text/xml

-- Brane

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@subversion.tigris.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@subversion.tigris.org
Received on Wed Aug 24 17:17:27 2005

This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Dev mailing list.

This site is subject to the Apache Privacy Policy and the Apache Public Forum Archive Policy.