[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

Re: [PATCH] Ruby SWIG-based bindings

From: Greg Stein <gstein_at_lyra.org>
Date: 2005-01-05 21:48:48 CET

On Wed, Jan 05, 2005 at 11:50:51AM +0900, Kouhei Sutou wrote:
> > First of all, there seem to be some parts of the diff that change things
> > that aren't specific to the ruby bindings,
> Is it swapping %include position for #include position? (See
> the attachment.)
> The codes generated by %include sometimes need some type
> declarations. We have to use #include before the codes
> generated by %include. So, I swapped %include position for
> #include position.

I've found that it is rarely necessary to swap these around,
especially given the fact that it worked before. I'd be interested in
seeing the actual compile error that is produced.

I would imagine one of two things are happening:

* one of the SVN headers isn't including everything necessary for it
  to be self-consistent

* one of the processed headers has an "extern" declaration in it. SWIG
  will write externs into the file where the %include happens, which
  can occur before the #include. Subversion headers should not be
  using the extern keyword, so we should fix them if this is the case.

If it isn't one of the two above, then I'm very interested to see what
is happening.


Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@subversion.tigris.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@subversion.tigris.org
Received on Wed Jan 5 21:47:28 2005

This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Dev mailing list.

This site is subject to the Apache Privacy Policy and the Apache Public Forum Archive Policy.