[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

Re: svn 1.1.x memory issues

From: Michael <ectosphenoid-svn_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 2004-07-17 01:40:47 CEST

Minor correction. The files total 56 MB in size, not 50 MB.

Also, if I switch the repo from FSFS to BDB then both processes still
have quite a bit of memory bloat. I don't have exact numbers for this
as the test is still running.


--- Michael <ectosphenoid-svn@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Here are some recent test results with the 1.1.x branch code.
> I have a collection of text files that is around 50 MB. Most of the
> files are a few KB in size although the largest is 100 KB. They are
> spread out among 38 directories.
> I created a new FSFS repository, setup an svnserve process to handle
> it, checked it out, and copied the directories/files into the working
> copy. I then did an "svn add *" followed by an "svn commit".
> While performing the commit, the svnserve process grew to 32.5 MB
> while the svn process grew to 59 MB.
> So there may be a memory leak or two floating around. Just letting
> you know.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@subversion.tigris.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@subversion.tigris.org
Received on Sat Jul 17 01:41:00 2004

This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Dev mailing list.

This site is subject to the Apache Privacy Policy and the Apache Public Forum Archive Policy.