[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

Re: 500 Internal Server Error: corrupted BDB

From: <Matthew_Rich_at_playstation.sony.com>
Date: 2004-02-05 19:25:20 CET

OK, so I tested this on RH9 w/ 0.37.0 and BDB 4.0.14, and it actually
worked, though it took a _day_ or two to complete!! It didn't cause any
problems with Apache, or CPU utilization, but after the client had
finished transmitting, it just hung around waiting for the svn server to
finish whatever it was doing. Though the svn proc being executed by
httpd didn't use much processor it did appear to be using a lot of
memory; and this was the stage that ran on for many hours, afaict.
Sorry, I can't give you much more details than that, it didn't actually
generate any errors.

I am in the process of testing with BDB 4.2, but I keep getting errors
that, though the created repos is deffinitely 4.2, mod_dav_svn is still
trying to access it with 4.1.25--probably just need to rebuild
everything against 4.2. I'll let you know if I find anything of note.
Thanks for your help!



On Sat, 2004-01-31 at 07:24, John Szakmeister wrote:
> On Friday 30 January 2004 16:41, Craig Robson wrote:
> > [snip]
> >
> > Several machines including my current are 4.1.25. I might have done
> > some testing at one point with 4.2 but I don't remember the exact
> > results except that 4.2 also didn't completely work for me then.
> >
> > I basically took a cleanly everything installed fedora core 1 machine.
> > Installed David Summers Fedora Core RPMS listed on the subversion web
> > pages.
> >
> > I did a very basic Apache configuration with no authentication.
> > Unfortunately, I don't have access to my test machine right now so I
> > can't give you the exact error messages. I can provide more details and
> > testing if needed over the weekend or next week.
> Well, I've tried 'svn add'ing the gcc source tree several times now, and I've
> also done checkouts with no hiccups. The add took around 1.5 hours each time
> (I tried it 3 times), but it kept moving the whole time (I kept an eye on 2
> of them while it was occurring... I was doing some other work on the side).
> In every case, httpd returned back to normal operation.
> FWIW, I'm running SuSE 8.2, kernel 2.4.20, on a dual-Athlon MP 1800+ with 768M
> of RAM and I'm using SVN 0.37.0. Unless I'm able to reproduce this problem,
> I'll probably be unable to help. Sorry. :-(
> -John

Matthew Rich <Matthew_Rich@playstation.sony.com>
Sony Computer Entertainment America
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@subversion.tigris.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@subversion.tigris.org
Received on Thu Feb 5 19:25:42 2004

This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Dev mailing list.

This site is subject to the Apache Privacy Policy and the Apache Public Forum Archive Policy.