Forgive an old cvs veteran but there's a couple of things I can't work
out how to do with subversion...
1. Is the hooks directory versioned in any way? In our setup nobody
gets physical access to the repository, but multiple people may need to
add things for their particular modules... with cvs you just checkout
the cvsroot and edit it - any equivalent?
2. 'svn ls' seems to require a checked out sandbox, which to me defeats
the point, or am I using it wrong?
3. How can I restrict commit/tag access to various bits of the
repository for different users?
4. How do I put a watch on a file?
5. How do I lock a binary file? (locks are really needed for binaries
otherwise stuff gets lost)
6. How do you handle UCS-2 files? We have large numbers of these...
Received on Wed Jul 16 12:34:00 2003
This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Dev