Support for undelete from history?
I see from the archive that there's been a fair amount of discussion in the
past over whether to provide an undelete feature, but I haven't been able to
find any clear conclusion to the issue.
I'm wondering if there's a simple way to restore a directory that was
deleted in the past. Right now, the only ways I think I can do this is to:
1) checkout/update to the old revision of the directory's parent dir
2) make a copy of the dir and its contents
3) update my working copy to the HEAD revision
4) drop my copy of the dir [sans .svn dirs?] into place
5) readd the dir and its contents
1) create a branch/copy of the parent dir containing the removed dir
3) merge the copy to trunk
I tried a reverse merge:
svn -r 218:217 <parentdir>
and it looked like it was going to work. But unfortunately, in the same
commit, I not only removed the directory by I also removed two files in that
directory. The reverse merge looks like it'll work to add-back the
directory, but I get 404 errors when svn tries to effectively reverse the
file delete via an add b/c these files don't esit on the server.
Any ideas? Am I missing something obvious?
Received on Tue Jul 1 13:10:40 2003
This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Dev