[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

Re: svn export failing to remove .svn directories

From: Graham Dumpleton <grahamd_at_dscpl.com.au>
Date: 2003-04-17 14:45:27 CEST

On Tuesday, April 15, 2003, at 01:35 AM, Ben Collins-Sussman wrote:

> Graham Dumpleton <grahamd@dscpl.com.au> writes:
>
>> ~/Projects/tmpdir [511]$ svn --version
>> svn, version 0.19.1 (r5301)
>> compiled Apr 12 2003, 20:23:12
>>
>> The platform is Mac OS X:
>
> You're nearly 3 releases behind. Upgrade to the latest release
> (0.20.1 or later) and see if 'svn export' still fails for you. If so,
> we'll take a look at it.

With just released 0.21.0 it still happens.

Exported revision 27.
svn: Directory not empty
svn: svn_io_remove_dir: removing
`/tmp/ose-7.0pl6/include/OTC/.svn/prop-base'
~ [512]$ /usr/local/subversion-0.21.0/bin/svn --version
        svn, version 0.21.0 (r5639)
    compiled Apr 17 2003, 22:16:55

BTW, on the Mac I found that 0.20.1 and 0.21.0 would fail to build if
0.19.1 had been
installed under /usr/local and the later versions were also targeted to
install under
/usr/local. The problem was that the already installed libraries were
somehow being
picked up when building shared libraries in new version being built.
This was resulting
in undefined and multiply defined symbols depending on which version
you were trying
to build.

Also, 0.20.1 in fink unstable tree, although it would build and
install, would fail
with the same problem I think the subversion web site repository was
having. Ie.,

~ [514]$ /sw/bin/svn list file:///Users/grahamd/Projects/Subversion
svn: Couldn't open a repository.
svn: Unable to open an ra_local session to URL
svn: Unable to open repository
'file:///Users/grahamd/Projects/Subversion'
svn: Berkeley DB error
svn: Berkeley DB error while opening environment for filesystem
/Users/grahamd/Projects/Subversion/db:
DB_RUNRECOVERY: Fatal error, run database recovery
~ [515]$ /sw/bin/svn --version
svn, version 0.20.1 (r5467)
    compiled Apr 15 2003, 17:49:01

Although it suggested database recovery needed to be done, it didn't
seem to really
need it as running 0.19.1 or 0.21.0 was still able to access the same
database without
needing to do anything.

Anyway, now I have a recipe for building versions which avoids linker
symbol problems,
I can start trying to track down what it is about that directory I am
trying to export
which is a problem. I will let you know what I find out and if possible
construct a
working minimal repository with just what triggers the problem.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@subversion.tigris.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@subversion.tigris.org
Received on Thu Apr 17 14:47:44 2003

This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Dev mailing list.