[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

[bug] w32 client tries to diff newly added files

From: Erik Logtenberg <erik_at_fmf.nl>
Date: 2003-02-04 12:10:23 CET

Hi all,

I stumbled upon some strange behaviour in the W32 client. I downloaded the
latest binary build today (version 0.17.1 (r4503), compiled Jan 23 2003,
I tried to import a Visual Basic project in svn, which worked fine. Then I
found out, that adding the .bas and .frm files wasn't enough, but I also
had to add the .frx files for VB to work.
So i did a "svn add foobar.frx" That worked fine, svn said:
"A (bin) foobar.frx" so it also detected that the .frx file is binary,
which is quite true unfortunately (stupid VB).
So then I tried a "svn status", which detected my .vbw (workspace file)
had been modified ('M'), and that the .frx file had been added ('A'). Also
it detected no information could be found about all the other .frx files
that I had already copied to the source directory, but had not yet added
to svn ('?').
Then I gave an 'svn diff' command, which resulted in svn trying to diff
the newly added .frx file. (Ofcourse) that failed (diff it to what?),
resulting in the error:

C:\svn\test\ctpalm\src>\svn\svn diff
Index: FrmSplash.frx
Binary files FrmSplash.frx (working copy) and FrmSplash.frx
 copy) differ
svn: Error calling external program
svn: C:\Cygwin\bin\diff.exe returned 2

I did not tell svn explicitly to diff 'FrmSplash.frx', but when i do (svn
diff FrmSplash.frx), I get the exact same error.

I asked Sander about this, and he suggested it might be a bug, hence this
bugreport :)

Kind regards,

Erik Logtenberg.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@subversion.tigris.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@subversion.tigris.org
Received on Tue Feb 4 12:11:06 2003

This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Dev mailing list.