[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

Re: checksum fun take 2:

From: <slamb_at_slamb.org>
Date: 2003-01-29 00:46:24 CET

Garrett Rooney wrote:
 [rooneg@CommandLine:~/Hacking/svn ] svn up
 svn: Working copy text base is corrupt
 svn: could not save file
 svn: apply_textdelta: checksum mismatch for
 '.svn/text-base/win-tests.py.svn-base':
    expected checksum: f9c9027cfe19f92f7f6e1b9d3d316acf
    actual checksum: 9f30bad101c64a873b0f2c05d529924c

[...]

 as far as i can tell, the 'expected' checksum is just wrong compared to
 what i've got, both in the text base and in my working copy's main
 directory. unfortunately, it's not easy to see what's in the actual
 entries file, since it's an old-style checksum... how can i see if this
 actually matches what i've got?
 
 entry
    committed-rev=4371
    name=win-tests.py
    text-time=2002-12-12T23:32:10.000000Z
    committed-date=2003-01-13T22:43:13.497183Z
    checksum=+ckCfP4Z+S9/bhudPTFqzw==
    last-author=rassilon
    kind=file
    prop-time=2003-01-13T23:40:01.000000Z/

Looks like it's just base-64 instead of base-16. Perl to the rescue:

$ perl -MMIME::Base64 -e 'print
unpack(H*,decode_base64(+ckCfP4Z+S9/bhudPTFqzw==)), \n'
f9c9027cfe19f92f7f6e1b9d3d316acf

It matches what it says for expected, so it's reading the entries file
correctly.

Scott

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@subversion.tigris.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@subversion.tigris.org
Received on Sat Oct 14 02:23:09 2006

This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Dev mailing list.