[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

Re: READ ME: working copy ickiness!

From: Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkrantz_at_apache.org>
Date: 2003-01-15 06:36:58 CET

--On Monday, January 13, 2003 5:30 PM -0600 Ben Collins-Sussman
<sussman@collab.net> wrote:

> If you update your wc to HEAD right now, you'll get a zillion
> propchanges. Almost every file in our tree will receive an
> 'svn:eol-style' property. Most are being set to 'native' style,
> and a few are set to fixed 'CRLF'.
>
> After the update, 'svn st' will report that you have a number of
> files locally modified. This is untrue. What's really going on is
> that certain text-bases weren't converted properly during the
> update. Hence the bug.

As a data point, don't have any locally modified files in your WC
when you do the update. We blow up on the diff3 calls like so:

svn: Problem running log
svn: in directory subversion/libsvn_wc
svn: start_handler: error processing command 'merge' in
subversion/libsvn_wc
svn: Error calling external program
svn: svn_io_run_diff3: Error running /usr/bin/diff3: exitcode was
-1073748124, args were:
in directory ., basenames:
subversion/libsvn_wc/.svn/tmp/adm_ops.c.59248.00002.tmp
subversion/libsvn_wc/.svn/tmp/adm_ops.c.59248.00002.tmp.59504.00001.t
mp
subversion/libsvn_wc/.svn/tmp/adm_ops.c.59248.00002.tmp.59508.00001.t
mp

On Solaris, I think I got bus error in this case. On Darwin, I got
the above error. This, is, umm, nice. It seems to be running diff3
on *temporary* files in the WC. I wish I had the time to track this
down further... -- justin

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@subversion.tigris.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@subversion.tigris.org
Received on Wed Jan 15 06:37:42 2003

This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Dev mailing list.