Ladies and Gentlemen, we present you with another interim Subversion
release. While we finish a couple of large features for the upcoming
0.17 release, we wanted to get 0.16.1 out to people, because there are
so many changes and bugfixes.
The release notes and CHANGES are listed below. As usual, the 0.16.1
Subversion tarball can be found in the 'file sharing' area of our
* New APR library is needed *
Due to ongoing i18n improvements, svn 0.16.1 requires an APR
library later than January 3rd. You can either checkout the latest
APR from CVS (as detailed in INSTALL), or compile svn against a
special apache 2.0.44 prerelease tarball that we've provided in the
"releases" download area of our website (at least until apache
2.0.44 is released):
* Config files have changed *
If you have run-time options specified in your ~/.subversion/ area,
you'll need to recreate your config files, as most variable names
have changed. Move your old config files out of the way and rerun
the 'svn' client to auto-regenerate new templates. Then you'll
need to edit the new files to set your preferences.
* New features to play with *
- ra_svn and svnserve are now built automatically. These components
are a new network layer alternative to Apache2/mod_dav -- a
standalone server that supports ssh-tunneling. Read the end of
INSTALL for instructions on how to use it.
- mod_dav_svn now supports limited deltaV autoversioning: generic
DAV clients can write to your repository and cause automatic
commits, if you place "SVNAutoversioning on" into your httpd.conf
<Location>. OS X users may need the latest CVS version of
httpd-2.1 to make this work; ask for details on the dev list.
Version 0.16.1 (released 6 Jan 2003, revision 4276)
* ra_svn network layer (apache alternative) now tested & ssh-tunnelable
* new (experimental) mod_dav_svn autoversioning feature (SVNAutoversioning)
* reorganization of the ~/.subversion/ run-time config files.
* more entry caching: approx. 3x speedup on checkouts & updates.
* option rename: --non-recursive instead of --nonrecursive
* option rename: --no-diff-deleted instead of --no-diff-on-delete
* new 'svn log --quiet'
* new 'svn diff --no-diff-deleted'
* fix keyword expansion behaviors ($keyword:$ / $keyword$ / $keyword: $)
* handle win32 non-ascii config-file paths (#968, #1048, part of #872)
* most public header files now using doxygen markup
* new (untested) internal difflib (#405)
* neon debugging now tweakable via run-time config file
* more progress on Subversion Book rewrite.
* new ./configure --with-diffutils
* begin work on client/server checksums (#649)
* regression tests now depend on svnadmin dump/load
* lose src_err field of svn_error_t
* many fs function renames: begins fs database back-end abstraction.
* new libsvn_repos prop-validating wrappers
* lots of work on build-system dependency graph generation (for SWIG building)
* swig binding work:
- python svn calls can now run as independent threads
- new java-binding build system
- improved swig building features: --prefix, LDFLAGS behaviors
* many, many bug fixes: wc->repos copies (#1029), #943 followup
(#1023), copies of copies (#830), 'svn resolve' cleans up entries
file (#1021), prop merging (#1012), segfault fixes (#1027, #1055),
autoconf 2.5X (#886), O(1) copies (#717), new 'failed revert'
signal (#714), detect missing schedule-add conflicts (#899, #863),
begin dav namespace switchover (#840), status bugs, url auth
inference (#1038), log bug (#1028), newline prompt (#1039),
svnadmin errorchecking, url syntax errors (#1057, #1058), apr/utf8
work (start #872), and many more.
To unsubscribe, e-mail: email@example.com
For additional commands, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Received on Tue Jan 7 00:04:35 2003