[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

Working Copy Weirdness/Bug

From: Jeffrey Melloy <jmelloy_at_visualdistortion.org>
Date: 2002-12-18 21:11:21 CET

A week or so ago, I noticed my status output had a couple "S" columns,
on files that had spaces in the names. I hadn't touched them in a
while, and hadn't done anything with them. I was busy at the time, so
chalked it up to random weirdness and told myself I'd deal with it
later.
S /hw/digital/hw/assign-a/Behavioral Design.vhd
...
etc.

Soon after, when attempting to do "svn st -u" at the root directory of
my repository, it started timing out when contacting the server. "svn
up" also timed out, but I could still do an update on my repository
from a different machine, and my machine could still get updates from
different repositories I had checked out. The server version is not
the most current, version .14.2, compiled september 7, and is probably
HEAD as of that time. The version on my machine is the most recent
tarball.

The error the server reported was as follows:
Could not fetch resou rce information. [404, #0] could not determine r
esource kind [404, #160013] (17)File exists: file not found: revision
`139', path `/hw/digital/hw/assign-a/Behavioral' [404, #160013]
Could not fetch resource information. [404, #0] could not determine
resource kind [404, #160013] (17)File exists: file not found: revision
`139', path `/hw/digital/hw/assign-a/Behavioral' [404, #160013]

After playing with this a little bit, and reading the error messages, I
set about renaming all files with spaces in them. The Known Bug in
which a post-commit script fails flared up (first time I'd ever seen it
with this repository, by the way), and reported a failed commit.
However, the version on the repository seemed to be the correct one, so
I backed up a level, erased that directory of my working copy, and
checked out a new one. (I was tired of messing with it at this point.)

Not sure if this rates a bug, or a weird story. Certainly couldn't
give a recipe to reproduce it, since files with spaces in the names
worked fine before, and don't now.

Jeffrey Melloy

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@subversion.tigris.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@subversion.tigris.org
Received on Wed Dec 18 21:12:15 2002

This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Dev mailing list.