[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

bug? "Delta source ended unexpectedly"

From: Martin Pool <mbp_at_samba.org>
Date: 2002-12-18 06:50:11 CET

I'm trying to update my Subversion tree using a local build

  svn, version 0.16.0 (dev build)
     compiled Dec 13 2002, 12:32:42

from trunk on that date.

It dies with

% svn up
svn: Incomplete data
svn: Delta source ended unexpectedly

I got an Ethereal capture of the transaction (for lack of anything
better to do.) This is attached.

If I extract and gunzip the response then it seems to be a complete
XML file. (Also attached.)

The same error occurs every time I try to update that wc. I've tried
svn cleanup to no effect. I can send a tarball of the wc if you want.

Using the same svn binary I can apparently get a new wc and then do an
update in there with no trouble. I can also update to 4110, and then
move forward to head with no trouble.

So I think something must be wrong in that wc. I didn't change
anything by hand, so possibly it's a svn bug that got it to this


To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@subversion.tigris.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@subversion.tigris.org

Received on Wed Dec 18 06:51:17 2002

This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Dev mailing list.