[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

RE: Story of BerkeleyDB failing

From: Sander Striker <striker_at_apache.org>
Date: 2002-12-08 15:34:48 CET

> From: k@k242.linux.bogus [mailto:k@k242.linux.bogus]On Behalf Of Andreas
> J. Koenig
> Sent: 08 December 2002 14:47

Hi,

> Executive summary:
> ==================
>
> "svn log" on a large repository fails with "Cannot allocate memory". I
> have no workaround. Can somebody provide advice?

[...]
> My environment:
> ---------------
>
> - svn's own revision was 3953. I later upgraded to 4045 with same
> results.
>
> - Berkeley version is 4.0.14.
>
> - Linux Kernel is 2.5.47-ac5, LARGE_FILE support is available and
> seems to be working. Later I switched to 2.5.50 and 2.4.20, same
> results.
>
> - In the beginning I didn't touch DB_CONFIG. Later I did try to lower
> and increase values for set_lg_bsize and set_lg_max to no avail.
[...]

> Please advise what I should try next.--Thanks!

Try doubling the values of the following options in DB_CONFIG

set_lk_max_locks
set_lk_max_lockers
set_lk_max_objects

Then get back at us. Thanks,

Sander

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@subversion.tigris.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@subversion.tigris.org
Received on Sun Dec 8 15:35:29 2002

This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Dev mailing list.