[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

Re: Still having problems compiling 0.16.

From: Mark G <mark_at_nolab.conman.org>
Date: 2002-12-05 18:56:56 CET

Karl Fogel <kfogel@newton.ch.collab.net> writes:
>
> Ah. Yeah, this comes up every now and then, and I can't remember what
> causes it. Have you already tried Naive Solution #1: make extraclean
> and then build again?

Well, I've tried doing a make again. make extraclean seems to have
destroyed configure (and not being an autoconf fan I have no clue how to
get it back).

FWIW, I found this problem does not happen if I don't use Apache's APR.
The following configure line works:

 ./configure --prefix=${SUBVERSIONR_ROOT}/svn \
             --with-berkeley-db=${SUBVERSION_ROOT}/bdb \
             --with-ssl=${SUBVERSION_ROOT}/openssl

and this one does not:

 ./configure --prefix=${SUBVERSION_ROOT}/svn \
             --with-apr=${SUBVERSION_ROOT}/apache2 \
             --with-apr-util=${SUBVERSION_ROOT}/apache2 \
             --with-berkeley-db=${SUBVERSION_ROOT}/bdb \
             --with-ssl=${SUBVERSION_ROOT}/openssl \
             --with-apxs=${SUBVERSION_ROOT}/apache2/bin/apxs

> I just did a search for that libtool error in our mailing list
> archive, no matches :-(.

My apache install works though and if I compile Subversion without using
my Apache (so that I get a binary) I can even execute it (my
LD_LIBRARY_PATH is set correctly). In fact, I could do a checkout of the
latest SVN sources with my binary.

This is 0.16 so it should work with my APR. Here is the configure I am
using for Apache:

 ./configure --prefix=${SUBVERSION_ROOT}/apache2 \
             --enable-rewrite \
             --enable-ssl \
             --enable-dav \
             --enable-dav-fs \
             --enable-cgi \
             --enable-dir \
             --enable-include \
             --enable-env \
             --enable-deflate \
             --enable-autoindex \
             --enable-alias \
             --enable-status \
             --enable-so \
             --with-dbm=db4 \
             --with-berkeley-db=${SUBVERSION_ROOT}/bdb \
             --with-ssl=${SUBVERSION_ROOT}/openssl \
             --with-mpm=prefork

I'm lost as to what I am doing wrong.

L8r,
Mark G.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@subversion.tigris.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@subversion.tigris.org
Received on Thu Dec 5 18:58:06 2002

This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Dev mailing list.