[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

RE: Corrupted repository db, reproducible

From: Sander Striker <striker_at_apache.org>
Date: 2002-07-22 09:10:41 CEST

> From: Hugh Winkler [mailto:hwinkler@betweenmarkets.com]
> Sent: 22 July 2002 08:57

> Hi all,
> Just built the latest (yesterday July 21).
> I made a booboo that scared up a bug. It is reproducible; although
> probably timing related, I have not had a problem reproing it.
> Start with a fresh repository on the Linux server.
> From a remote Windows client using an http:// url, I imported a complete
> JDK directory tree. I imported it into a new directory,
> While that very long import was taking place from the Windows client,
> during the "Transmitting file data ...." phase, I opened a shell on the
> Linux server. From a local client on the Linux server, using a file://
> url, I similarly imported a complete (Linux) JDK. I (unintentionally)
> imported it to the same "new" directory, named "1.4". Shortly thereafter
> both imports failed. Evidently the repository db got corrupted by
> simultaneously trying to import to the same new directory entry. No
> further svn commands succeed against the repository; DB_RUNRECOVERY
> seems to be the message.

Ofcourse a lockup isn't nice, but there isn't neccessarilly corruption.

$ db_recover -ve -h /home/users/hughw/svnroot/db

And be ready to continue playing ;)
Please report if you are actually seeing a corrupted repository* after


*) One that is messed up wrt its contents.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@subversion.tigris.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@subversion.tigris.org
Received on Mon Jul 22 09:01:46 2002

This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Dev mailing list.

This site is subject to the Apache Privacy Policy and the Apache Public Forum Archive Policy.