[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

WC inconsistency

From: Greg Stein <gstein_at_lyra.org>
Date: 2002-05-02 23:04:15 CEST

[ Karl is looking at this, but figured that I'd copy dev ]


Here is the transcript of the WC bug that I ran into. Annotations in {...}

[gstein@roshi trunk]$ svn rm msg.63152.00001.tmp~
D msg.63152.00001.tmp~
[gstein@roshi trunk]$ svn commit -m "toss msg file"
Deleting trunk/msg.63152.00001.tmp~

Committed revision 14.

{ this was an EDITOR message file that ended up in my WC, then added; I
  wanted it gone, so I rm'd and committed. you've already fixed that
  spurious newline in there }

{ about to backwards update to test some of the ra_dav functionality that I
  changed and to verify the commit; etc }

[gstein@roshi trunk]$ svn up -r 10

svn_error: #21090 : <RA layer request failed>
  GET of /walkthru/$svn/ver/3.1/trunk/props.c returned status code 200 (OK)

{ my code was borken. I was making it expect 201 rather than 200. I fixed
  this code, then ran the backwards update below: }

[gstein@roshi trunk]$ svn up -r 10
U ./props.c
Updated to revision 10.

{ hey! it didn't re-add the msg file, yet it says I'm at 10 }

[gstein@roshi trunk]$ dir
./ adm_ops.c entries.h merge.c .svn/ wc.h
../ adm_ops.h foo/ props.c translate.c
adm_crawler.c copy.c lock.c props.h translate.h
adm_files.c diff.c log.c questions.c update_editor.c
adm_files.h entries.c log.h questions.h util.c

{ yup. definitely not there. }

[gstein@roshi trunk]$ svn up
U ./props.c
D ./msg.63152.00001.tmp~
Updated to revision 14.

{ it "deleted" the file, even though it was already missing }

[gstein@roshi trunk]$ svn up -r 10
U ./props.c
A ./msg.63152.00001.tmp~
Updated to revision 10.

{ okay. we're in sync again. it properly added the file back. }

[gstein@roshi trunk]$ dir
./ adm_ops.h lock.c props.h update_editor.c
../ copy.c log.c questions.c util.c
adm_crawler.c diff.c log.h questions.h wc.h
adm_files.c entries.c merge.c .svn/
adm_files.h entries.h msg.63152.00001.tmp~ translate.c
adm_ops.c foo/ props.c translate.h
[gstein@roshi trunk]$

You can simulate the error in your copy of the code by making
fetch.c::custom_get_request() return an error. (just go to the bottom and
create and return any old error)


Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@subversion.tigris.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@subversion.tigris.org
Received on Thu May 2 23:03:28 2002

This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Dev mailing list.

This site is subject to the Apache Privacy Policy and the Apache Public Forum Archive Policy.