[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

Re: svn commit: rev 362 - trunk/subversion/libsvn_ra_dav

From: Kevin Pilch-Bisson <kevin_at_pilch-bisson.net>
Date: 2001-10-31 12:27:33 CET

Thanks for the quick reply Sander, see comments inline.

On Wed, Oct 31, 2001 at 12:14:19PM +0100, Sander Striker wrote:
> > From: Kevin Pilch-Bisson [mailto:kevin@pilch-bisson.net]
> > Sent: 31 October 2001 12:06
> > To: dev@subversion.tigris.org
> > Subject: Re: svn commit: rev 362 - trunk/subversion/libsvn_ra_dav
> >
> > On Wed, Oct 31, 2001 at 01:48:01AM -0800, Greg Stein wrote:
> > > Please explain "hosed apache". That doesn't help me or anybody else fix
> > > things, if something is wrong.
> >
> > Apologies. I'm not completely certain. All I know is that I can ping
> > svn.collab.net but not get any reponse to an attempt to coneect
> > on port 80.
>
> Works fine from here.
>
And now from here too. Strange.

> The logs show no problems really. It has a small portion about your
> attempted commit:
> [Tue Oct 30 18:40:21 2001] [error] [client 24.102.35.141] Could not fetch
> resource information. [500, #0]
> [Tue Oct 30 18:40:21 2001] [error] [client 24.102.35.141] could not
> determine resource kind [500, #21049]
> [Tue Oct 30 18:40:21 2001] [error] [client 24.102.35.141] file not found:
> filesystem `/usr/www/repositories/svn/db', revision `362', path
> `/trunk/subversion/libqvn_ra_dav' [500, #21049]

I'll be looking at these more closely later.
>
> The libqvn part seems a bit strange. How did you corrupt your wc?

Already planned on going through this. I am really not sure. My sequence of
actions was simply.

$ svn up
$ ./autogen.sh && ./config.nice && make

Everything seemed fine until it went to make anything in ra_dav. Then
livsvn_ra_dav/ra_dav.h had a ']' in a declaration, where it should have been
an '_'. At first I thought nothing was up, so I changed it, and committed,
resulting in the empty diff. Went to compile and found another place where a
',' at the end of an argument had been replaced with a '.'. I fixed that too,
but didn't commit, as I decided to see if anything else was wrong. My build
continued until fetch.c where it bombed out with a ton of errors. By this time
I was getting suspicious, svn committers are usually more careful than that,
so I decided to wipe out my libsvn_ra_dav directory and get a new one. That's
when I found that I couldn't talk to apache on svn.collab.net.
>
> > > Do we need to restore something? Restart apache? Rebuild
> > everything? WHAT?
> >
> > I would think that apache needs to be restarted. Also the contents of
> > libsvn_ra_dav/fetch.c in the latest revision should be looked at to make
> > sure that my commit didn't change anything in them.
>
> Just updated and the file doesn't look bogged. Can't be sure though.

Should have said libsvn_ra_dav/ra_dav.h, since that was the one I actually
committed.
> Sander

-- 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Kevin Pilch-Bisson                    http://www.pilch-bisson.net
     "Historically speaking, the presences of wheels in Unix
     has never precluded their reinvention." - Larry Wall
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  • application/pgp-signature attachment: stored
Received on Sat Oct 21 14:36:46 2006

This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Dev mailing list.